Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dynamic Duo are now 17 months old!

Yesterday the boys turned 17 months old. I am going to miss the little monthly birthdays once we finally just start telling people how old they are in years. I am not sure when this technically happens...maybe 2 or so?? Oh well, until then we will enjoy the monthly gig. Wouldn't it be strange if we all still did the monthly reporting of our age? Will and I just had birthdays so he is 408 months old and I am 432 months old. Now when we say we are 34 and 36 it doesn't sound as bad. haha I am sleep deprived due to my crazy work load so beware.

Anyway, the boys continue to amaze us on a daily basis. They are both still learning new sign language and still speaking in their own little language. They have both mastered how to shake their heads "no" very efficiently and Christopher is starting to say No but you have to listen very carefully to understand this. I have a feeling we will be hearing this word way too often. They both have started fighting each other much more than before. They fight over books, toys, my lap, you name it. They scream, cry, and push each other across the room and then end up right in time out which at this point does not seem to be working. Christopher loves to be in the pack and play which we refer to as jail. We have put it in the other room and only use it as time out. He laughs and dives around during the entire "punishment" so he is really suffering. Nathan still views time out as a bad thing and will shed some tears. I am hoping he does not learn from his brother that time out is just another place to play. I do have to say I am a terrible disciplinarian since I am having a terrible time keeping a straight face. Christopher will give a cute little side glance which I am convinced he knows will send me into hysterical laughter each time. Time out is really not effective when mommy is cracking up. I have got to get tough!!

Both boys have really started to LOVE books. They both will quietly (yaaee!) sit and look at a book, turn pages, and act like they are reading quite often now. They will bring us book after book to read to them and will point out Elmo and friends when we ask them to. It is so much fun. Will and I have pretty much memorized many of the usual books they pull out to be read. I am sure we will have many more memorized in the near future. They are learning shapes and have really mastered a toy which helps them practice their shapes. It is just so amazing to see how quickly they learn!!!

Our morning routine has become a little longer these last few weeks. Before the boys will let me get them out of the crib we have to play "eviction". They both have two stuffed animals in their crib which are thrown out as I walk into the room to say good morning. I am expected to return the proper animal to the proper child and we repeat this process at least 5 to 6 times each morning. I love it since they just giggle hysterically as they evict the poor little animals.

That is it for more. More pictures to come soon!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

1 comment:

phoebe said...

Yay! An update. :)
I'm glad to hear that they are enjoying books :D