As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had a very sad day last week. The boy's favorite tent took its last beating from the boys tackling each other in it and it was flatter than a pancake. Will and I attempted to tape it one last time and ended up with a teepee vs a dome tent which kept the boys from picking up the flat tent and giving us the pitiful look which said "mommy/daddy please fix our tent". My heart couldn't take any more of those looks so Amazon had to come to the rescue since Kohls failed me.
We quickly looked on Amazon for a new tent which hopefully is a little more sturdier than the dome tent. I am pleased to announce the tent arrived and is AWESOME! It seems to be much sturdier and is little bigger than the previous tent. It is large enough the boys can sit in their Elmo chairs while sitting in the tent. They both love it and are chasing each other in and out of it. The original tunnel has weathered the beatings very well so we connected that to the new tent and the boys (and the cats) are loving it. So, our living room is officially a camp ground for an unforeseen amount of time and it is awesome!!
I am desperate for any suggestions on how to get these little angels to stop biting each other. Christopher bit me the other day so I followed some recent suggestions and bit him back hoping he would understand that it hurts. He started laughing and held his arm up for me to bite it again! Before you decide you are calling child protective services....I did not bite him again. I decided this is probably not going to work. Nathan has not attempted to bite me yet so I am unsure what his reaction would be if I bit him back. I just keep praying this fun little phase will just go away as quickly as it started.
I think my next purchase from Amazon might be a huge bullseye I can tape to one of the walls where I can bang my head when all these little "tricks" for discipline fail on my very stubborn, but so cute little Christopher. :-)
I do have to say both of these little guys are pros at wrapping us around their little fingers. Christopher curled up on my lap tonight and laid his head on my shoulder and just cuddled. Nathan loves to come up and give us kisses and big hugs all the time. These little guys are just so amazing!!
Have a great weekend!
Love
Robin, Will, and the biters: Nathan and Christopher
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Biting.... hmm that is a hard one. Zoe went through a stage of it.... I am trying to remember how we stopped it.... I think in her case it was attention biting, and so we started sening her to her room, which didn't get her the attention she wanted so she stopped doing it. You have to notice the why behind the behavior before you can get it to stop. It sounds as if biting has become a game, so act accordingly so it isn't fun anymore.
Post a Comment