Thursday, April 28, 2011

Off with the pants!

So I always knew my children would eventually do something in public that would embarrass me but I didn't really expect it to happen so soon. My little angels are 2 1/2 years old and they have already realized they can gang up on mommy.


One evening, I picked the boys up from Blackstone Grille after they had a wonderful dinner with their YaYa and Nei Nei. Will had planned a "boys night" to watch the draft so I agreed to pick up some pizzas at Pappa Murphy's for him. (note: if you have not had pizza from Pappa Murphy's yet just stop reading this now and go grab one...you will love it, it is a take and bake deal, so you buy the pizza and bake it at home). The boys and I arrive at Pappa Murphy's and since it was just us three, they had to come in with me. We made the walk across the parking lot without any issues and we go into Pappa Murphy's. As we are standing in line the boys start giggling. I look down and they are both pulling their pants down laughing and saying "pants down!" I would pull up one pair of pants while the other is pushing his pants down around his ankles. I was outnumbered and I was losing. Everyone in the store including all the girls working the counter were laughing hysterically which continued to encourage my "little angles." I was totally horrified and I honestly had no idea what else I could do. I finally just threw up my arms and just let them run around with their pants and underwear around their ankles while I paid for the pizzas. I am thankful they are still wearing diapers in this particular case.

The nice girl working the counter offered to carry the pizzas out for me so I could keep the boys in control. She laughed all the way to the car and thanked us for making her night. At least she got a good laugh out of it....but honestly...so did I. ;-)


I am sure this will not be the first time I am outnumbered and embarrassed by my little angels.

No comments: