Friday, August 26, 2011

Elvis is in the house

Introducing Elvis 8 weeks old


As you can see, he is not very big


Nathan loves his new kitty



Christopher loves to give Elvis cuddles


What a face!



We have yet another addition to our growing Li family: Elvis. Eddy had a follow up doctor's appointment at the shelter last Friday and while I was waiting for him to finish up....I "accidentally" went into the cat room just to see who had come in. The very first cage had a little gray and white paw shoot out as I walked through the door. As I peeked into the cage, I fell in love immediately. This little guy was 8 weeks old, 1/2 mutt 1/2 Persian. He had been living at a foster home since he was too little to live at the shelter and had just come in earlier that morning. I called Will and shot him a quick picture on the IPhone (I love technology!) and he was all for adopting him also. I have such a great husband!!!! This little kitten's assigned name at the Shelter was "Mickey". Nathan made a very clear statement regarding this name: "Mickey is a mouse....not a cat. "SOOOO his name was changed to Elvis. We are not sure where this came from but it stuck. I do have to say, common sense has been a little slow in developing since he has rolled down the stairs once already. He really likes to play around the stairs and has about given me a heart attack multiple times since there is a small area where he could fall about 15 feet. We have now blocked this area to save him from testing the 9 life theory.



Eddy and Elvis had the first brief period of hissing and growling but we have gotten through the adjustment period and now they are best friends. If our house wasn't a zoo before....it is now. We have two kittens flying around corners and off couches so look out!!!! Our 16 year old Persian, Molly, just hangs out. She is blind so I am still wondering if she even knows she has two new brothers. :-)



The boys have been wonderful with the both of these new additions to our family. They keep asking when the kitties can sleep with them....over time I am sure this will happen. :-)


No comments: