So here we are: It is the end of January and the boys are happy, healthy little 4 year olds. Where did the time go? It is so much fun to look back at the pictures of when they were babies and think of the good times, the crazy times, the tearful times, and the screaming times. Every experience has been a ride and really even in the hard times, a great ride.
I am amazed at how different the boys are. Nathan is a little more on the conservative side physically. He would rather take things fairly slow and learn how to do it vs. getting hurt. When riding his bike or using his scooter, he just slowly practices until he has a good grasp on how everything works and then he is off....but still much slower than his brother. He is usually laid back but man, his little temper can flare on a bad day. The good news is that it is fairly short lived when we do have a little Nathan explosion.
Christopher: well he has the "need for speed". He has no fear and will go head first into anything at any time. A few months ago he managed to flip right over his bike and land face first on the pavement. I assumed the screaming was going to start: Nope he just jumped up and said "wow! I really did fly!!" I thank God every day that we have not had any serious injuries so far.
The boys are learning so much so quickly. They really are little human sponges....which we need to always remember because whatever Mommy and Daddy say...Nathan and Christopher will repeat. This can get a little uncomfortable in certain situations, especially when Nathan and Christopher start sharing our political views in public places. Sometimes it just is not a good time to share that type of information. :-)
They are both doing well in school and seem to love every part of it. They have mastered the alphabet and now have really started to master the phonics associated with all the letters. We are now starting on all the small words. Before long they will be reading to us before bed!!
Both boys are absolutely nuts over any superhero that has been invented as well as starwars. I think we own about every batman and robin outfit, toy, or anything else that has been developed in the last 10 years. We really need to build on to our house just to make room for their toys. They were spending most of their waking moments dressed up as batman and robin up until around November. If we were at the grocery store, they were in the superhero outfits. If they were riding bikes, they were in their superhero outfits. We had some interesting looks from folks that were obviously not parents and the knowing looks came from the well seasoned parents who obviously had been through this stage. We have moved through this stage to just the Christopher's obsession with his backpack which he calls his "jet pack". This does include all of his little treasures but I cannot confirm what is in there since he has refused to let us look in there. I have agreed to honor his request since the jetpack has not moved on its own nor had any strange odors coming from it. Once one of these two things happen, all bets are off and then I will be asking Willl to check it out. :-) I figure that is in the "Daddy's list of things to do". Christopher does have a small obsession with snakes so that is one reason that I refuse to check out anything that moves now.
Nathan's obsession has turned to video games. I swore there would be NO video games in my house but yet again, the joke is on me. We decided it would be ok to give them a little taste of the video game world with the batman Wii game and the Starwars Wii game. I honestly would go back to that fateful day and just WALK AWAY if I could. To battle the obsession of these addictive little games, we have now set the rule that they are only able to play these games on the weekends for a limited amount of time. Only good behavior during the week will earn them this time on the weekends to play these games. This is working so far but we have had many discussions during the week about how long the week is. Nathan said the other day: "Mommy, it is just not fair that the week is so long and the weekends are so short". I just laughed and told him that he is not the only one who has said this. :-)
In general, life is so good. We have the best little boys. God has been so good to us and we have so many things to be thankful for. I have been terrible with posting the funny little comments on this site but I will have to find some time to go through all my facebook posts and make a list of the quotable quotes from the boys and put them in this site as well. :-)
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
IT really is amazing how fast time has flown by. They're four and I'm graduating. sighhh It's been a blast though seeing them from the wee tiny things that they were doing tummy time to superheros saving the world not only during halloween.
Post a Comment