Thursday, July 31, 2008

The eve of Week 30!!!!

So we are reaching our next milestone....Week 30!! We have now earned the Silver Medal...Gold is week 32 and everything after that is PLATINUM!! We had our visit with Dr McIntyre today which is one of the OB docs. It was a nice quick visit. The babies heartbeats are strong and they have both decided to hang out "head down". Will likes to say face down, butt up. This allows options in how these little ones will enter the world. A C-Section is not my first choice since it takes so much longer to recover but I will go with whatever is safest for the babies. Our next doctor's appt is not for two weeks when we will find out the weights of these little ones again.

I have continued on bedrest this week and stay fairly busy with work, grading exams, and doing continuing education. I also have read many baby books which at least will give me some idea on how to function with two little ones. The last diaper I changed was about 4 years ago and the minute Caroline (Michelle's little girl) stood up, the diaper fell off. I am in BIG trouble! The good news is that with twins, we will get A LOT of practice! Worse case scenario, the diapers can be taped on with duct tape right? haha. I did learn how to swaddle a baby this week though by watching it on Youtube. :-) What did we do before the internet anyway??

We are going to attempt to post some pictures so you can see the progress of this pregnancy. Each time I think there is no way to get any bigger, the babies find a way to stretch me out a little bit more!! That jogging stroller is really going to get a lot of use once it is safe to take the babies out!

I hope everyone is doing well in the land of the living. If you ever are bored, never hesitate to give me a call....I'm here and will talk your ear off!! :-)

No comments: