Saturday, July 26, 2008

Learning new tricks while on bedrest!

Hi all!
I am just starting to move into the new age of blogging. Yes, I am very behind I know. I just started using flash drives a few months ago, so I am starting to think I am finally opening myself up to learning all the newest technology. I guess this is one of the "perks" for being under house arrest during my strict bed rest. I thought this would be an easy way to update everyone on our continue journey through the twin pregnancy. Will and I are SO excited to meet these babies but we are willing to wait another 6-7 weeks to ensure they are ready for the world!

For those who do not know, I was surprised to find out when I was 26 weeks pregnant that I was having very regular contractions and walking down a very dangerous path to premature labor. This bought me a doctor's order of strict bed rest. Since I have no idea on how to "relax" and I only have one speed: GO 100MPH...... this was quite a lifestyle change for me. I have found a way to adjust to this since I know that every day is another blessing for these children. The first step was to reach 28 weeks since this improves the odds of the babies survival. I am pleased to report that we have made it to 29 weeks!! I am still fighting some contractions on a daily basis, but I have been told this is very normal with twin pregnancies since the growth is much faster leading to a very frustrated uterus. I also believe these children are taking after both of us...very active and never want to stop. They are kicking like crazy and I think that also starts to frustrate the uterus a little bit. We had another trip to Labor and Delivery last Tuesday 7/22 since my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Luckily they were able to stop them again and I am back on the couch which is much better than being in the hospital!!

We decided not to find out what the sex of these babies are which drives Grandma Jeannie crazy!! Will likes to inform everyone that he is positive that we are going to have two boys since he is now an expert on reading ultrasounds. :-) I guess this was an elective he chose to take during Law school. I guess in less than 2 months, we will all know if he is right!

I am looking forward to learning more of the options for this blog site. We will be posting some pictures as we go....especially when these little ones enter the world. We feel so fortunate that God has decided to bless us with these two precious angels and we want to share our journey and our joy with you. :-)

Love
Robin, Will, Baby A, and Baby B

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey girl - welcome to 2008! :-) Loving being able to check up on you this way!! Keep up the blogging...it's rather therapeutic you will find! Praying for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya and can't wait (when it's time) to meet these lucky babies.

Carrie said...

Hey guys.. i just got a chance to read your blog and i love it..i can keep up with you without calling every day..lol..i miss you here at shands tho. but those babies need you more. i cant wait to see you guys and meet the newest members of an already awesome family..

love you. ivey

paintdrummer said...

Frustrated uterus. I used to know a guy who played bass for them.

Stay well!