Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Christopher's first dental appt

So Christopher had a little one on one time with daddy today although he probably didn't enjoy it as much due to the circumstances. He had to experience something many people hate....going to the dentist. On Sunday we were sitting close to a window and noticed as he laughed his two little teeth had little brown spots on them. After constant worry and endless reading on the Internet, we decided to make an appt with a pediatric dentist. Luckily they had an opening this morning so we all had our game faces on this morning: get up at 6am make sure breakfast was done by 7:20am dressed by 7:40am and daddy and Christopher were heading out the door by 7:45am. Poor Nathan!! This was the first time he was an "only child" for a few hours. Valarie said he did well for a while but realized he was by himself after a while and seemed a little lost. Christopher and Nathan have never spent any more than 30 minutes apart so this was a BIG DEAL.

The dentist said the stains were from the multivitamins, and not really anything to worry about. It kind of worked out well that I didn't have to go though because Will tells me that they used the electric toothbrush on Christopher's teeth, then used the metal scraper to get the stains that didn't get removed from the toothbrush. In order to accomplish this, Will had to hold Christopher down in his lap. Christopher had no problem letting everyone in the office and quite possibly everyone in a 5 mile radius know he was not impressed. He started the visit smiling at the technician and finished the visit throwing the technician a nasty look. I would dare to guess he would rather not see her again any time soon. Since he had to be physically held down, I know I would have been balling the entire time if I were there since I am such a softy. I have officially decided Will is in charge of the future dental appointments....I will be in charge of the pediatrician appts.

Aside from this little scare we have all been continuing to do very well. The boys are crawling all over the place and really prefer to pull themselves up on anything that will hold them. I am pretty sure they will be walking very soon. Christopher by far is the daredevil and Nathan is a little more reserved but gaining confidence every day. They both LOVE to hang out by the window and have now learned how to finger paint on the window with all the excess slobber that continues to flow in the Li household. All I can say to this is............thank god they are not finger painting with other bodily fluids etc. :-)
In terms of talking: Nathan has said Mamma, Babba, and Dadda but then seems to forget these new words and just practices his ear piercing screams followed by laughing. Christopher continues to be a baby of few words but has said Mamma a few times but continues to reserve his real debut for when he is finally ready to tell the world what the cure for cancer is. He is now famous for his little giggle that starts when he gets up and doesn't stop until it is time for bed.

Well, that is the update for the week! Have a great one!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan

No comments: