The boys are now HUGE fans of Cheerios!! I have to be quite honest...Will and I also are very thankful for the wonderful little OOOOOs since the boys are quite happy chomping on these little guys while we get meals ready for them. Prior to the Cheerio days we had some very unhappy, inpatient, screaming boys which made meal time a little stressful. Of course, now we wish we had a dog to clean up their mess since it seems the boys have mastered the ratio of 1 to 3: 1 cheerio in the mouth to 2 on the floor. I think they conspire to do this just to see how long it takes us to pick up all of these lovely little 0's....especially when we take them Blackstone Grille (the only restaurant they are allowed to go right now since we can sit outside and management will not kick them out due to our HUGE mess by the end of the meal...actually, we are encouraged by management to visit as much as possible with the boys :-) ).
Both boys are really starting to discover how fun it is to talk in gibberish...twin talk. They seem to understand what is being said since one will say something and the other will laugh hysterically. They both also have realized how loud they can talk or scream. I assume it is way too early to teach them about "inside voices" so we just have to laugh and hope we will be able to hear in the future.
We had some visitors this last week...Tessa (future girlfriend...now 11 weeks old) and her parents Matt and Christina Dixon. When the boys were tiny everyone would say "oh I forget how little babies are". I thought...there is now way I could ever forget that. I was wrong yet again!! She looks SOOOO tiny and she is around 10 pounds now! I guess it is hard to really remember when the boys were less than 5 pounds. The little hulks are now weighing in at 181/2 pounds or so and Mommy and Daddy are getting very strong arms. Grocery shopping has become a little easier when the boys are in a good mood. They both are willing to sit in the shopping cart and just seem to be very happy looking around. At least at this point they can't scream out "I want that!!" I am sure I will be reporting that fun in another year or so. As I mentioned, the boys have to be in a good mood for this shopping cart experience to go without a hitch. If one is melting down, then it is time for the workout to begin...hauling around the 181/2 pound angry child through the store. :-) Now I am starting to sound like a seasoned mom huh? haha
Speaking of seasoned moms...for any of our faithful readers here is a question: Christopher has decided he would rather sleep for about 4 hours a night and then scream bloody murder so he can get some attention. Our theory is that he would like to come sleep in our bed since in our weaker moments we did that and he was happy. We got the hint that this was not a good idea and we have stopped doing that but he continues to wake up at least once a night. He was sleeping through the night before this fun started. Is this normal? We keep blaming it on teething which seems to be our reason for anything that goes wrong lately. How do you break the cycle since nothing works...we even put this in our nightly prayers with the boys..."Dear God..please let Christopher finally sleep through the night"...God has a great sense of humor huh? haha
Oh, one other new trick by Christopher...he is a little too fearless for his own good. His new game now when he is on our bed is to crawl towards the edge and then dive over the side head first. Fortunately, up until now, either Will or I have been there to catch him. Hopefully, he doesn't learn anytime soon what it is like to fall over the edge, although I'm sure it is inevitable.
Well, Nathan just woke up from his nap. Happy Memorial Day to all. We are so lucky to have such brave men and women who are willing to keep our country safe. I just pray everyone always remembers we need to thank them every day not just today.
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan and Christopher
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah Cherios are the lifesaver for us too.... then she ate so many that they were no longer yummy and she began to intentional drop the cheerios on the floor..... so now not so much. Oh and resturants don't care about the big mess. It is what the waiters and waitresses are paid to do. If you feel bad about it just up the tip a little and enjoy dining out. It doesn't get less messy for quite some time.
I still have a hard time too, trying to remember the girls as newborns. They grow big so quickly and yet slow enough that you don't notice them getting bigger. I miss the small days.
Mike and I don't use the baby carseats for carrying kids around after like 6 months of age cause the seat and the weight of the kids just gets too heavy. We just carry Zoe or she rides in the cart seats.... oh and strollers become your best friend.
Yeah, that sleeping through the night thing is just normal development. At least it is at our house. Both of my kids have started off waking up a lot, then a period of sleeping through the night, then waking up (sometimes up to four times a night) to sleep through the night again. Sometimes it is gas, sometimes getting sick, sometimes the room's too dark or too hot or too cold. I just start going through the list of options, and sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't help and we are just destined to be up a lot that night. It is just Gods way of making you appreciate the nights you get sleep. Mike though doesn't feel like he ever gets to sleep anymore though because about the time the nighttime wakings cease our bodies are so used to them waking us up that we automatically wake up.
We have found that when it comes to falling off the bed, It is going to happen at least once or twice, but once it happens they learn very quickly not to do it again. Pain really is a great teacher.
Oh but I wouldn't recomend pushing them off the bed..... It doesn't help. :) Not that I know from experience.
Thanks Meagan!! Awesome advice! I figure I will just keep learning as we go and hopefully I will not mess up! :-)
That is the thing about motherhood, you can't mess it up with one or two little things.... The only way to really mess up kids is the stuff that is illegal, otherwise no matter what you do your boys will turn out to be handsome young men that you are proud of.
Post a Comment