Our last post was on December 29th and here it is Jan 15th. Where does the time go anyway? We have been crazy busy and loving every second of it. The boys have been learning new tricks and getting cuter and cuter every day. Where to start? Let's start with an update on Christopher:
He has not stopped running since the minute he took his first full step. His new tricks are opening all the doors, grabbing everything off the tables and counter tops, climbing up on the couches and chairs, moving furniture, and talking in Christopher language. It is so fun to watch him stretch as much as his little body will let him, stand straight on his tippy toes and open the door. His next step is to turn and give you the largest grin which just says...I can do anything I want to do!! (Blue's Clues theme for any of you who have not had the awesome opportunity to watch Blue's Clues over and over and over). We are trying to figure out how to convince him that he does not need to move the chairs and end tables everywhere but so far, we have not been very successful. We are also trying to train ourselves to not leave anything on the edge of tables since Christopher will have it in his hands in a New York Second. :-)
Christopher's communication skills continue to improve. He will look you straight in the eye and talk a blue streak...in his language of course. Then he will look at you with this look that says "how can you not understand what I am telling you to do?". It is hilarious!! I have a feeling we are in big trouble when he masters speaking English vs his own form of English.
Nathan:
Nathan also has been growing like a weed and is just blossoming. His new tricks include dancing more, talking in his own little language, coloring, and mastering the sign language for "more". Nathan loves TV which is very difficult since we limit the amount of TV they are allowed to watch. He will point to the TV and grunt then turn and give you that sweet little look with his big eyes. I have developed a strong mommy willpower and most of the time I will not fold. He continues to develop more dancing moves which are absolutely hilarious. I never knew a child could have such a big grin but when he is dancing, he has mastered his most adorable huge grin. He also has been doing a great job learning how to color although he prefers just to color on the table vs paper. Thank God crayons are washable! Nathan loves to eat so when he learned the sign language for "more" life became even sweeter for him when yaya and nai nai are giving him strawberries or blackberries. Last night I gave him a kiss on his cheek and he grinned at me and signed "more" over and over each time I kissed him on the cheek. My heart just melted. He loves to take his brother's cookies away from him and then act innocent. Christopher has no problem in telling on him immediately. :-)
As you can see, they are so different but so similar. They continue to just amaze us every day and I just sit back and watch them in awe. I had them both on my lap yesterday while I was sitting on the rocker in the living room. It is so neat to think back to when I was sitting in that chair pregnant, praying they were ok, and then loving it every time I felt them kick. Now I have two little toddlers kicking their little legs and cuddling with me in that same chair. I just thought this is one of those times when you say "life is so good" and God is so good.
Will and I are sitting here watching the coverage of the Haiti and our hearts are just breaking. Please make sure to donate to the Red Cross if you have not already. We just pray for quick relief and we will continue to help in any way possible.
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment