So our morning started very early this morning....6:00am for Mom and Dad...6:45am for the Dynamic Duo. We are now adapting to a very hurried morning schedule like many other families...the boys are still learning that breakfast can not take a full hour so they can find entertainment in finger painting yogurt and finding ways to get yogurt in ears, hair etc. I will tell you something I have learned over the last 8 months or so since the boys discovered yogurt....when a cup of that is thrown on the floor, the splatter pattern is amazing! If we didn't have the door closed I am betting I would find yogurt in the next block. I have also learned if you miss some of this splatter, this stuff dries like concrete. The things you learn with two toddlers. :-)
Today was the first official day of school for the boys. Yesterday we had "meet the teacher" so the boys could check everything out. They were so thrilled to see the billions of school buses as we made the trip to school. All last semester they would wave goodbye to the buses in the mornings and the afternoons so it has been a dry season for school buses during the summer. During the "meet the teacher" they both adapted fairly quickly to the new environment and took over most of the toys. Christopher just seemed to make the rounds to every area in the playroom and check everyone out. It was fun to watch him just study the other kids and parents. Nathan quickly found a barn with many animals and then focused on his true love...Play dough! He was using little pizza cutters and shape makers with great expertise!
This morning was the first time we had to leave them and they did very well....I am not even sure they noticed when we left! I do have to admit, Will and I basically did the quiet exit vs. announcing we were leaving. We like to believe it was just to make it easier on the boys. The truth is it was probably easier on both of us...we are softies. :-) I didn't cry but I have to admit...I choked it back...probably because Will was shoving his face in mine to check and see if there were tears. Every time I ask the boys if they liked school they just look at me and say "more more!!" I just hope we hear this for many many years....at least through grad school.
I do have to admit we made the boys take first day of school pictures. I remember doing this as a kid and HATING it! I guess that is part of the fun having kids...making them do the same things that I hated doing as a kid. My brother better have more kids since we need more cousins to do the dreaded stairstep pictures. Every Christmas I had to line up with my 3 male cousins and my brother. We had to line up according to height..tallest to shortest. Early on I was the tallest one.....as you can guess through the years I moved down the line til I hit the end. That was a little depressing but you work with what you have been given right? ;-) Sorry....having flashbacks from childhood...thanks mom. :-)
This evening we had a great time playing outside since it finally cooled off for a short period of time. It has been in the 90's with 200% humidity lately so it has been fairly miserable to play outside. (for the adults that is....I have decided the boys can tolerate anything if it involves riding bikes or going down slides). We now have helmets for the boys so anytime they play on their tricycles they have to wear helmets. Nathan loves his, Christopher hates his. I still think they have a secret meeting to make sure they are opposite on everything.
The boys have conquered another huge accomplishment this week! NO...it's not potty training...they are anti potty right now. BUT they are allowing us to FLOSS their teeth!! When they told us at the dentist we should start flossing, I laughed at them. Well, there is egg on my face yet again. (my ongoing theme of being a parent so far) We have made it into a little game. The boys are "helping" us find the nasties between their teeth. So far it is working....let's see how long it lasts!!
Since I am not the expert in posting pictures, I am going to post two pictures from today in the following post so you can see the dynamic duo on their helmets. I ask the picture master (Will) to download all the other pictures as soon as he can.
Have a great night!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher
1 comment:
:) I'm glad that they're enjoying it.
TWO sooon!!
Post a Comment