So the Dynamic Duo are getting ready to take a big step: They are going to start school on Tuesday!! Will and I decided to enroll them into a early development program in the Jacksonville area for three half days a week. We felt it would give them more exposure to kids and viruses. :-) We are bracing ourselves for the huge increase in illnesses as they spend more time with other kids but we figure it is better for them to be exposed now and build up some sort of immunity than when they start kindergarten. Will and I attended the Parents orientation last week and I did great...no tears but I had to really hold them back. It just seems like my little guys are already growing up so fast and this is just a reminder of it. We know it will be good for them but leaving them in the mornings is going to be one of the hardest things I have done. We met some of the other parents during the orientation and everyone seems very nice. They warned us of the biting hazards and the reports that are developed when there are incidents when the kids get hurt. I am praying we never get the biting report. I do have a feeling we will be getting many phone calls alerting us one or both slammed into something or fell off something. These guys never slow down and have no fear. I am always amazed how few injuries we have had so far. (I am now knocking on wood)
The boys have been just amazing! It just seems like every day they are learning new words and new tricks. It is so fun just to sit back and watch them take in everything...and I mean everything. Will and I have to remind each other they are little sponges so it is so important to watch what we say. ;-) They continue to LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba and Blues Clues. I hang my head in shame each time I even admit we let them watch TV. I was one of THOSE who swore my kids would NEVER watch TV. Well, yet again...there is egg on my face. We have allowed them to watch a few cartoons which seem to have a good message like Gabba and Blues. Unfortunately now the boys just ask to watch Yo Gabba Gabba all the time but just screaming "GABBA!!!!" I am sure we can recite any of the songs for you at any time if you would like to hear them. We laugh at some of the things we would say when we were "perfect parents". Note: Perfect Parents are anyone who do not have children. We had it all figured out...then the boys came along and we were humbled very quickly. Now we just have decided we will just keep learning along the way, try our hardest to never say never, and laugh when we hear other perfect parent couples say the things we used to say. haha
The boys are in heaven right now. One of our awesome friends gave us two slides for our back yard and the boys absolutely love them! The first few days they would get up in the morning and race to the window to make sure the slides were still there. They have been spending tons of time out there in the 100 degree heat.
I guess I better sign off for now. It is getting late and the boys are little clocks...awake and ready to go at 7:30am...even on the weekends. If anyone out there knows how to get the babes to sleep in on the weekends, we would LOVE to hear from you. It will be interesting to see how the boys adjust to getting up at 6:45am. Time to join the real world!!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment