The other day I received a text message from Will who was currently attempting to get the boys to eat lunch and it read: "What happened to our little boys who would just eat what we put in front of them?". My response: They started talking. :-) Yep, here we are. The dynamic duo have found their voices and are making their opinions heard. I am absolutely amazed at how quickly they have picked up words. It really seems like their vocabularies double if not triple on a daily basis. I remind myself of this on a daily basis, especially if they are in the car when I am having an episode of road rage. :-) This is another way God helps you clean up any interesting language that might have been used in a rather heated moment on the road. I try to remind myself that whatever comes out of my mouth will be repeated within about 1.4 seconds by the little copy cats in the back seat. So far, so good. We have not had any situations in which there have been poor choices of words repeated by the little guys.
We do have some some funny words that come out of nowhere. The first one that comes to mind is "moppy". This is Nathan's word for "Oatmeal". Where did this come from? Your guess is as good as mine. It took a rather stressful morning of a holy fit in front of the pantry to figure out Moppy is oatmeal. He has also decided instead of pineapple, we are going to call it "apple pine". Again, not sure why but at this point, all is well since we know what he is talking about and he refuses to say it correctly...so pick your battles right?
I do have to say there is one part of this talking gig that really gets me sometimes. Does it really matter if the water cup is blue, orange, or green? It never fails, if one gets a blue cup and the other gets a green cup....you guessed it! Time for war!! So let's say Christopher received the green cup but wanted the Blue cup. Nathan is very aware this is the case so clamps down on that blue cup and refuses to trade. He then taunts Christopher with the blue cup just to add more drama. Will and I just look at each other and shake our heads. Luckily, these little battles do not freak us out as they did before. I now understand how parents can tune out the screaming. What else can you do?
It is so much fun to hear what they are thinking now. They respond to our questions and I just love asking them little questions to hear what they are going to say. Nathan loves to show off and pretty much say anything you ask him to say. Christopher still is not too keen on "performing" so he will not just repeat anything but when he is in the mood to talk, he will definitely talk.
We are currently preparing for Christmas and this year is so much fun. The boys love all the lights and more importantly the yard art. They get terribly frustrated at the neighbors who unplug Santa, Snowman, etc. during the day. We have finally gotten them to understand they are all "sleeping" until the evening when it is time for the lights to come back on. Usually that works. I am a little worried about the end of the Christmas season since we are going to hear about bear, Santa, Snowman, etc. for months to come. :-) I guess I will need to figure out some blow up yard art for Valentines Day, St Patty's Day...etc. Our neighbors are going to love us.
We are considering seeking out Santa tomorrow. They have seen Santa a few times as we pass by so we have explained who he is. I am not sure how this will go....I guess all we can do is try!! So stay tuned... :-)
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment