Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Dynamic Duo are great travelers!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Our blogging has fallen off for the last month or so since it has been absolutely crazy. We packed up and headed out to Orlando to fly to Buffalo NY, yes Buffalo NY, on Christmas Eve. Brian, Amber, and Cooper live in Buffalo and we thought it would be fun to spend Cooper's first Christmas with him. My folks were there and it was the first time in 10 years we were all together for Christmas. As you can guess, shopping for winter clothes in Florida is basically worthless. I did have an opportunity to find some warmer clothes in Ohio though when I was up there in October for some work related training. We have become HUGE fans of online shopping. Not only for finding warm clothes for the bitter cold we experienced in Buffalo but just completing all the Christmas shopping and having it sent directly to Buffalo. How awesome is that!!!!!

The boys did a great job with the long trip which consisted of a 2 hour drive to the airport, fighting through the airport security, a 2 hour flight, and then a very bitterly cold ride to my brother's house way after their bedtime. On top of all of this, they both had ear infections and upper respiratory infections so we were using the nebulizer in the airport. I had to give them all their meds before we boarded the plane and I received many stares as we pumped in the cough syrup, antibiotics, and also nebbed them. Oh well, we were just a little too busy to really focus on the stares at that point. I do have to put a plug in for Jet Blue: on time and those little TVs in each of the chairs probably saved us! It was also a blessing that one of the major networks was playing "Horton Hears a Who!" so we were set. Thank God!! I do have to say, for being 2 years old, they were just little champs through the entire trip. We had a nice time visiting and the boys loved the snow....for about 20 minutes. Even though it was a good trip we were very happy to see the Florida sun when we exited the Orlando airport.


Our year has started out great. The boys finally are healthy again, Will and I finally kicked the upper respiratory infections we were fighting also. The boys are growing like weeds now. They both lost a lot of weight when they were sick but are making up for it now. I can not keep enough food in this house! I can honestly say, each of them have larger meals than I could even think of eating and then they are ready to eat again in two hours! I just keep thinking it would be smart to buy stock in a grocery store since I can imagine it will continue like this and even get worse as they become teenagers.


We hope all of your holidays were great and your new year started out wonderfully.

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

Yay! for a post. and I'm glad to hear that everyone is healthy again :)