So the question of the day: Why in anyone in their right mind fight going to sleep? I am learning toddlers do not appreciate a good night's sleep like us old folks do...well at least Nathan does not see sleep as important. Night after night our little king has decided he will not go to sleep until at least 10:00pm. It is fairly entertaining to hear all the excuses:
1. My tummy hurts
2. My throat hurts
3. I need water
4. I'm hungry
5. I'm hot
6. I'm scared
7. I'm cold
8. I'm not tired
9. And our most new addition: WHY???? My best answer: BECAUSE I SAID SO!
On and on and on. Now he has decided to take off his sleepy (sleep sack) and scream as loud as possible "I WANT MY SLEEPY". He will continue this at least for 30 minutes...why 30 minutes? Because I can't stand the screaming anymore and stomp up the stairs to put his sleepy back on just to start the whole routine all over again until after 10:00pm.
I think this is normal but man....I am speechless for what to do. At least I am still laughing..most of the time.
Thank God for small favors: Christopher loves his sleep and will go to sleep almost immediately once we put him down. It is amazing he can sleep through the ongoing soap opera we are living with Nathan on a nightly basis.
I do have to report I won a battle though...the tub wars. The boys think it is absolutely hilarious to splash water out of the tub and soak the walls, floors, and of course mommy and daddy. They finally pushed me over the edge the other night. Tons of water flooded the floors and I finally fought back. I turned on the shower with some nice cold water. The boys' response: "We don't like that!!!!" I said "GOOD, we are in agreement. You stop splashing water out and I stop turning the shower on!" Winner: MOMMY YAAEEEEE!!! No more splashing...at least for that night.
So, as you can see, we are now experiencing what I will call "THE TODDLER BATTLES". Stay tuned, I am sure there will be more stories...if I am not in a straight jacket. :-) I love my boys but this parenting stuff is tough...but an absolute blast.
Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!
Love
A very tired smiling laughing mommy.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:) I'm glad you're winning something in this battle!
see you all soon!
Post a Comment