So here we are: The boys are now 3 years old and we are increasing the potty training "discussions". Christopher was doing so well for a while and was so proud of himself for "pee peeing in the potty" every night before his bath. Now for some reason, we have made a very large step backwards. He now prefers to grab an old shampoo bottle while he is in the tub and pee in that. It is absolutely gross and trust me....no one showed him this. Are all boys just born to do gross things? Do girls try to do this? So he has now decided using the potty is NOT for him. ARRGGG
Nathan on the other hand is as usual, on the other side of the fence. I truly think these boys plot out each night how they can be exactly opposite on everything to keep Will and I on our toes. Anyway, he is so pumped about becoming a "big boy" and part of this is using the potty. We have made HUGE strides with him but tonight was something a little strange. He ran to the potty to do his thing and became very upset because he did not need to pee. He REFUSED to get off the potty until he peed. Warm water, drinking water, you name it...nothing worked and he wasn't budging. He was very tired tonight and when he is tired and cranky, he digs in and will not do anything except what he wants to do. Well, Mommy got smart. Since he was acting as though he was going to sit there all night, I had plenty of reading to do so I pulled out my books and started reading the proper treatments for dyslipidemia to him. As his eyes glassed over with the absolutely spine tingling topic I knew I was starting to win the battle. As I progressed to the description on how to calculate the nonHDL, I finally won the war. He told me he would get off the potty if I quit reading that "stuff". SCORE ONE FOR MOMMY!!! I now will have to promise him I will not read info on dyslipidemia if he uses the potty like a big boy. :-)
Hopefully our very bumpy, long, and painful road of potty training will start to smooth out and end fairly quickly. I am sure there will be more stories before it is all over. Prayers needed for Mommy and Daddy. :-)
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahh, Savannah was not wanting to do it either at that age. You can throw all the mommy fits you want it just will not happen... and potty training is always one step forward two steps back until one day they just decide to do it. Then all the sudden you go from diapers to full time underwear...
BAHAHA! I can't imagine that last scene happening. too funny.
and the christopher thing.. yeah he did that on one of the nights i was there too... very interesting...
:))
Post a Comment