In order to make sure we remember these stories in the future, I thought it would be fun and interesting to make sure to write blog entries about what the boys say. Children tend to say the most amazing things, especially at this age.
Story No. 1.
Those of you who regularly follow our blog know that the boys have been going through the potty training process. Well, except for some accidents here and there, they are pretty much potty trained and only wear diapers to bed at night and sometimes for naps. This is some background information, but onto the story. A couple of weeks ago, Robin and I went out of town without the boys. It was our first getaway without the boys in three years and we were gone for three nights. Evidently Nathan was quite upset about it, but we didn't know to what extent until the other night. He just finished using the bathroom, and in the hallway across from the bathroom door hangs a picture from our wedding. Nathan tells me, "When you were gone I would just come and look at that picture of you and mommy." I asked him if it was because he missed us and he said yes. He said this two weeks after we had already returned! Needless to say, it melted both of our hearts. You know how people joke that what they say and do will lead their children to seek counseling when they are adults? I think Nathan has this thing figured out and it is going to work in reverse. Pretty sure Robin and I are going to be so racked with guilt now that we are going to need to seek counseling before we both leave them behind again.
Story No. 2.
This story is an interesting insight into the logic of a 3 year old boy. They love their cars now and have tons of little matchbox cars and also cars from the movie Cars. So Christopher has two cars that he is playing with and Nathan wants to play with him too. Christopher says, "Those cars are blue and that is my favorite color so I am not sharing with you." To help resolve the conflict I tell Nathan that I am going to go get some other cars for him to play with, which Nathan is fine with. I made sure to get cars that aren't blue, but made the mistake of picking one that has blue stripes, even though the car itself is blue. Christopher says, "That car has some blue on it, so that is mine too!" Ugh. Fortunately, Christopher was a little more cooperative and decided to pick two of the four cars to share with Nathan.
So I am sure over time we will have more of these stories to add and we will be sure to add more pictures in the near future. Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww too cute.
Do they speak in such complete sentences now? oyy. Gotta see then soon :))
Post a Comment