Thursday, October 9, 2008

1 Month Old Already!!!

Man, how time flies!! The boys are already a month old and weigh over 7 pounds! The boys were 4lbs 15 oz when they were born and based on the scales at the pediatrician's office today, Nathan weighs 7lbs 13oz and Christopher weighs 7lbs 7oz. They are both eating very well and obviously growing like weeds!

Will and I have been learning many different survival skills over the last month. One of the most important tricks we have learned...the hard way....with having two little boys....ALWAYS cover them up when you are changing them. It is amazing how far the little stream of pee can fly and just how quickly you will get caught. Poor little Christopher has already been peed on by his bother while quietly laying in the pack and play. I do have to admit.....I laughed pretty hard....guess that means I am a bad mom. :-) The good news...urine is sterile and this earned another bath for each of them that evening.

The boys are very different not only in their features but also their personalities. As we have adjusted to each other and gotten to know each other it is so easy now to identify who is screaming his head off and we are also starting to figure out what they need when they are upset. I never really believed this was a possibility when other moms told me this happens but as usual, I have been proven wrong again. Nathan is our "all or none little man". He is either very content or screaming bloody murder when he is awake. He loves to sleep and I anticipate we are going to really struggle to get him out of bed each morning in the future. He is so cuddly and I think his favorite spot is laying on his tummy on my chest or Will's chest. We have decided you CAN spoil a newborn since he has found a way to find his way to one of our chests each night when he should be sleeping with his brother.

Christopher is also know as "batman". He earned this name the first few weeks he was home since he decided it was more interesting to stay up at night and sleep during the day. He has now improved a little in this department and is sleeping about 2-3 hours a time before it is time to eat again. The good news is that he will start this cycle around 11pm and continue it until 6am. He is a our social one. He is awake most of the day now and just loves to hang out in his boppy and watch everything going on. He also has found our chests the most comfortable seat in town. As you can tell, Mom and Dad are going to have to start breaking a bad habit in the near future. :-)

Will and I are just loving every moment of parenthood despite the sleep deprivation. I have found myself picking the cat up in the middle of the night thinking it was one of the babies. It takes me a few minutes of confusion due to all the hair and the fact he weighs 12 pounds to put it together this was not one of the babies. He takes it in stride since he must know Mom and Dad are just a little on the crazy side with such little sleep. :-)

More pictures to come very soon since we seem to never stop taking pictures of these guys. You can all rest easy.....I did not take a picture of of them during our first trip in Target....I figure they will know Target inside and out by the time they are 6 months old. More pictures and updates to come in the future between diaper changes, feedings, and naps!!

Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

No comments: