Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Late Night Entry from sleep deprived mom

So it is now 2:30am and most of you are enjoying a nice deep sleep. Will and I have basically forgotten what a full night's sleep actually feels like since the boys have been eating every 2 hours which means if we start feeding them at 12:30am and finish at 1:30am, they are ready to eat again around 2:30am or so. :-) It is amazing what strange things you will talk about while you are bleary eyed. I do have to admit, we even had a small disagreement on what baby I was rocking one night and it took us a few minutes to finally agree I was rocking Chistopher, not Nathan. So, as I type along here, please forgive any rambling, grammar issues, spelling issues etc. I am not responsible for any of this content since I am totally sleep deprived but loving every minute of it.

As you can see from the pictures (more to come from the blog picture master...Will) the boys are growing like weeds. We have almost graduated out of the newborn sizes since I noticed today poor Chistopher could not straighten his legs in his sleeper so another newborn sleeper has been put in storage. As you can guess, if Chistopher is basically out of newborn clothes now, Nathan has been out of them for at least a week. They continue to be about 1/2 pound different but since their build is so different, Nathan just seems so much bigger. They are also so very different in more than their size. I am finding that they have mastered the art of tag teaming when it comes to fussy times just to keep mom running and it never fails, if one is sleeping the other is bright eyed and ready to go. So, the advice of "sleep when the babies are sleeping".....doesn't work in the Li household. One of these boys is awake the entire day. :-)

Nathan is now smiling all the time and Chistopher is just starting to practice. They both do have one thing in common....they love to sleep on mom and dad's chest. I think we have a serious problem...they seem to think they need to sleep on our chests every night starting at 4am. We are softies and are desperate for any type of sleep so at least currently, if you walked into our room anytime after 4am you would find two very content babies sleeping our our chests. I guess sometime we might need some advice on how to break bad habits. I thought you couldn't spoil a newborn?? I am starting to think this is not true.

I am very excited to report I will have TWO extra pair of hands for the next week since my Aunt Becky and Cousin Kathy are arriving in less than 14 hours. (counting the minutes) For the first time since Grandma Jeannie left, the boys will be out numbered vs the other way around each day.

Ooops...Nathan is now screaming...guess it is time to feed him again. More updates to come...until then.....to the land of the sleeping...enjoy your sleep!! We would say we are a little envious but we are loving just every second of being parents so we just have decided that sleep is overrated.

Love
Robin, Will, Nathan and Christopher

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds very familiar... brings back a lot of memories. The only different is I only dealt with one baby at the time. If I remembered right, both of them didn't sleep though the night till 6 months old.