So the boys are now 51/2 months old and continue to change every day. Will and I have decided they meet secretly in their cribs about 3am when we are sleeping to conspire and decide who will change preferences just to see if they can keep us shaking our head in confusion and disbelief. For example, ever since Nathan was just a little tiny one, he would not even consider using a pacifier. Yesterday he decided to suck on it for hours at a time. Christopher on the other hand loved the pacifier from early on and now will basically have nothing to do with it. (Well, unless you want to play his fun game of "hold the pacifier in Christopher's mouth...when you pull way he spits it as far as it will go). Both continue to sleep through the night on most nights and we hope that is not something that will change any time soon. Christopher has mastered the art of sitting up without any help and has also learned how to stabilize himself when he starts to lose his balance. Nathan is improving. He can sit by himself but is still a little wobbly.
The boys have about had it with mom worrying all the time. I have been a little scared to change their diet and they have had the pleasure of eating bananas and cereal every morning and evening for the last 3-4 weeks. Nathan has been showing his displeasure over this lately and daddy has now come to the rescue. Since we have decided to attempt to make all the baby food ourselves...Will is studying the baby food cookbooks and just started to make plum puree. yummy :-) Nathan and Christopher are LOVING it!! (plus they are thrilled they now get to experience something other than bananas). Will and I are not only learning that the boys are finding ways to get cereal, bananas and plums everywhere....face, nostrils, ears, hair but we are starting to experience...yes...here we go again....nasty poos!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone warned us and now we are really becoming believers! Poor Valerie....(our nanny) has been losing diaper roulette a lot during the days but it seems like daddy catches at least one each morning. :-) I didn't want to leave you out of the poo description since I am sure you all are just dying to hear the updates. hahaha I do have to say I am a little worried that the boys will start to figure out how to spit food across the room...that will not be cool.
The boys continue to expand their vocabulary with the aaaausss and the ooooos etc. Christopher loves to laugh and will just giggle like crazy when Will laughs at him. This is such a fun age. They are happy and are still staying in one place...most of the time. Nathan has mastered rolling onto his back from his tummy and Christopher has decided rolling over is not for him on a regular basis...he does the moonwalk on his back to get where he would like to go. Doing this he has managed to form a very sexy bald spot right on the back of his head. Nathan continues to sport the 70 year old comb over. Eventually they might actually get some new hair to grow in to replace the "quitters".
The boys had their first fight over a toy the other day. That was exciting. Nathan used his broad shoulders and blocked out Christopher. Needless to say, Christopher had plenty to say about this. I had to use my mommy voice and start teaching them about sharing. I have a feeling the mommy voice is going to be used plenty in the future. I guess it doesn't hurt to practice when they really do not have much of a clue what I am saying yet.....well they are advanced...so they probably know exactly what I am saying!
Speaking of which....we were told that this is about the time you will start paying for any bad habits such as rocking the boys to sleep each night. Well....I think Nathan is starting to figure that out. I am trying to be strong and let him fuss a little vs taking him out of his crib, cuddling him, and making that long trip out to the rocking chair while he secretly is laughing at my weakness. For all the experienced mommies out there...I need some encouragement! :-)
They just fell asleep (without any rocking....I am so strong haha) and we are hoping for another full night of sleep. Christopher will be up and ready to go at 5:30am...even on weekends. YAWN.....I guess I will finally sleep when they are 30 or so right? Time for mommy and daddy to have some adult time to get laundry done and dinner made!! Have a great night!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lol.... That plum puree will clean it out of them everytime.... Plums and prunes both have that effect, which is why I don't introduce them. Raisins and Grapes do too, as they get older....
Anyways, Zoe lives on Cherios and Bananas. I have tried other things too, but bananas and sweet potatoes are her favorites, all other spoon fed stuff she eats like five bites and turns it away. She would rather do it herself.
You will make it through this stage of nursing to sleep. Zoe was starting to do that to me too, but now I can usually just come rub her back and she settles right down. Either that or don't nurseand go straight to burping.... she calms down with that too.... She hated it when I first started denying her milk, but now expects it.... I would start doing though on a weekend in case they decide to get you up more in an attept to convince you to nurse.
Isn't date night so different than pre-baby???? Laundry and cooking instead. Hehehe.
yeah... about that plum. there's actually dried plums that you can buy for the purpose of cleaning our your system when one feels a bit umm difficult to excrete "2" =] soo have fun with that ^.^
Yeah...I was thinking..um...Plum = Prune = Poop!
see..now we have everyone thinking about poo!!!! hahaha :-)
Post a Comment