The boys are in the home stretch! In less than a month our dynamic duo will be a YEAR OLD!!
These amazing little children are just learning new tricks every day. Nathan is now climbing on top of the upside down laundry basket and doing his imitation of Rocky by throwing up his hands in victory and grinning ear to ear. Luckily he has mastered the art of climbing down without falling flat on his face. Nathan continues to be a little, hmmm how do I explain this?....calmer than Christopher. He just seems to hang back and study everything prior to trying it out. I guess he has figured out Christopher does not hesitate to try something out which usually leads to a loud "CRASH" and many different bruises. I guess we should have been keeping count of all the little wounds each have developed from bumping into the wall, falling over the trash can in the nursery, swinging on the nursery gate and smacking their heads...as you can see it is a wild and crazy time at the Li household now. I do have to say, Christopher by far has ended up with most of the little bumps on his head. Sometimes I just want to wrap them both in bubble wrap to protect them from hurting themselves as they learn to walk but I know it is a natural process. We all survived right? I do have to say I set up a body pillow along one sharp corner in the play room so I can breathe a little easier.
Christopher has almost mastered his walking. Today he was walking clear across the room and even standing straight up without pulling himself up on the furniture or anything. He just laughs the whole time he is walking and even when he falls. Nathan continues to walk about 3 steps and then hits the floor. He did stand for quite some time today while shredding a paper towel. (One of his favorite things to do). I figure in about a week he will be walking all over the place like his brother.
Both boys have also mastered "rattling the brains". If you ask them to do this they both grin and shake their head as if they are saying no. It is absolutely hilarious. :-)
The boys traveled to Gainesville with Will and I this last weekend. I followed all the rules of staying in a hotel with toddlers...tape the drawers, plug the outlets, bring tons of toys. Well, as the tape went on the drawers, Nathan followed right behind me pulling off all the tape. Christopher spent his time looking for every electrical cord that could be found. Will and I just had to laugh..and then we went to plan B...move furniture around to create a corral. We also learned another lesson....always get a suite. We had a one room hotel room so when we put them to bed in the pack n plays we had to just lay there in the dark and play on our cell phones until they went to sleep. After our little experience in Gainesville, we are both very relieved that we did not attempt to take the boys to Boston a few weeks ago. I think traveling will get much easier as we learn all the tricks and as the boys get a little older.
I guess that is the update for now. Have a great Wednesday!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You think the bruises are going to stop after they finish learning to walk??? Yeah right.... then it is on to running and climbing.... Like Zoe, she is climbing up and down from the chairs, high chairs, etc.... If it weren't for sister though she might actually have a chance on staying in them.... Lets just say the kitchen floor isn't as forgiving.
Oh yeah, the hotel thing....
Well, we have never bothered to tape drawers or furniture corral... We have always just made sure that the cords were out of the way and maybe some plug outlets. Everything else was put in the closets and kids allowed to explore. I find once they explore there isn't any desire to do anything again....
Both my kids have an ability to sleep with the TV on... Savannah especially. Xoe hears it in the background when she goes to sleep though so she can too.... We also train our kids to do some pretty bright lights, but part of that is cause of Savannah's eyes.
Post a Comment