Monday, August 24, 2009

We are tied in the teeth race!

Nathan finally has 8 teeth!! Christopher has outnumbered his brother for many months now but alas...the two little teeth have now started to peek out up top. Nathan is very proud of his teethy little grin so I am sure he is just thrilled to add more friends to his collection. The dynamic duo has continued to amaze us. Both are now climbing so we have to watch them like hawks. They both think its pretty cool to climb up on the basket which is lying upside down and then continue onto the couch. Now that they have mastered that, they have started to test anything else that is somewhat stable and might just give that extra 6-12 inches that is needed to reach the couch, the table, or anything else that sits higher than them. Sometimes they will grab the cushions from the couch and stack them up to gain access to the couch.

Christopher has officially taken on the sole goal of making his devoted parents deaf. He has developed this terrible ear piercing scream which he loves to show off any time he does not get his way. I have been assured by many half deaf mothers that this is a normal developmental process and we just have to grin, bear it, and then go shopping for a hearing aid. If you have not been convinced that Christopher is by far the most dramatic child so far, here's more proof. He has again started banging his head against the wall, the door frames, his crib, his brother's head or wherever else he decides is appropriate. He will give you that little glance that just screams..."Watch! I must be center of attention!!!" He will then start slamming his head on the wall just pausing long enough to make sure you are watching and grimacing with each loud empty "boom". Eventually he finally realizes this hurts and then will dissolve onto the floor, roll around, scream bloody murder, and roll out a few good developed tears to go with it. The first time he started this, I immediately googled this little stunt. Thank God for Google since most every nervous mom also has written in about this and hands down, this also is normal. This is great news but why on earth would anyone want to slam his head into a hard object? I am sure not going to be doing this on any Friday night!! I guess it starts with this and then flash forward 19 years later and Christopher will probably be that college kid smashing beer cans on his head. Lord hear my prayer...please let me be incorrect in my future predictions. :-)
Okay so that was a lot of rambling with a little bit of substance. If you haven't guessed, school has started and I am doing everything but watch a lecture on pharmacokinetics. I will just worry about that tomorrow as Scarlet O'Hara says.
Onto Nathan: He is our quiet one right now...although he is starting to learn to screech like his brother when it is time to get his diaper changed. This is another issue I honestly do not understand with babies. Why would any child prefer to crawl around in a poopy diaper? Will and I do everything we can to insure these little guys do not have to sit in a dirty diaper. (Note, we do tend to take an extra 30 seconds to either debate on who's turn it is to change the poopy diaper or play rock, paper, scissors because for some reason these poopy diapers are NASTY now). We take them in to change them and world war 3 starts. They both scream, arch their backs, and kick as hard as possible to avoid the dreaded diaper change. I try to reason with them, but as I have found out....reasoning with an 11 month old is basically impossible.

Nathan and Christopher are now both saying mama and dadda. It is pretty cool. :-) They will come over to us and pull up on our legs and just holler out Mama!! or Dadda!! Nathan has continued to improve every day on his walking. He again preferred to watch Christopher go through the learning process of walking and falling and now he is ready!! He walked across the room today and just laughed the whole time....even as he crashed and burned right at the end.

Well, two more weeks until our angels are 1 year old. I just keep thinking back to this time last year when I was laying in bed all day like a beached whale and praying every hour that God would keep these little ones safe and allow them to be healthy. What an amazing gift to have the opportunity to guide, love, and raise these awesome little boys.

Have a great week!!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

3 comments:

sklay723 said...

Reading your blog makes me think back to "those days" when our kids were 11 months old. I even dug out an old camcorder tape we made the day they hit 11 months...crazy how fast time flies! I know you are treasuring each moment, and even though we've never met I hope you know you have an "audience" cheering you all on! Thank you for sharing your joys and blessings through your blog. :)

thedynamicduo said...

You are so sweet!! I am glad you are enjoying the blog. We hope to continue this throughout the years since I really have decided this is a better baby book than I could ever put together!!
We are so excited to have people following it!! Have a great day!!
Robin

phoebe said...

hopefully that won't be the case in 19 years.. seeing how i don't think the drinking age has lowered anytime soon... :)
i had to watch a looong tutorial on alcohol.... -.- joys of college life
see you all in 2 weeks ^.^