Monday, August 31, 2009

Buy one get 1/2 off!!

We had a very busy weekend shopping for the boys. You would think they were starting school. We found tons of cute little outfits for fall at Costco for a great price and then ventured out on Sunday for Nathan's second haircut and Christopher's first hair "trim". We have to say it was only a trim since there just wasn't enough hair up top to even cut. The only problem was that his poor little ears were disappearing and he really was starting to look like he had a mullet. We even only had to pay half price since they trimmed around the edges. So I guess my question is...for the folks that have the mullets...do they only have to pay half price for their haircuts also? If so, maybe I can talk Will into growing one to save cash in this tough economy. Sorry, I am tired and a little slap happy. Back to the haircut: Neither one of them were very excited about the haircut but they really enjoyed the balloon they received after it was all over with. I think balloons will become Mom and Dad's favorite weapon in the future!! What other secret weapons are out there seasoned parents??
We have also discovered one of the bonuses of shopping for twins. Since the boys have improved dramatically on their walking skills we decided it was time for a shopping trip to the outlet mall for shoes. We have tried some sandals from Target that failed miserably and we have some awesome tennis shoes from Uncle Mo and Aunt Amber but we read we should have shoes that have very flexible soles to help them learn how to walk properly. We were very fortunate to find some cute little sandals with Velcro at Adidas that seem to work. They were also having a sale!! Buy one get 1/2 half off!! We were pumped!!! The boys were so impressed with their new awesome shoes they even wore them out of the store. We headed over to Carters to look for a cute outfit for their 1 year old pictures and we have now discovered one of the problems with kids that walk...they want to get down and walk. I know, to the seasoned parents out there...this was an obvious statement...I guess I was just thinking they would still prefer Mom and Dad's arms. I think our shopping trips are going to get much more entertaining from here on out. I think back to days before I had children and would see kids flying around the stores and winding in and out of the clothes racks. I would just look at the poor exhausted mother attempting to pull the little arms sticking out of the blouses and think "I wonder if I will ever have to go through that". I guess I have my answer. It is going to be a blast!! Maybe I will just crawl in the racks with them and see if we get kicked out of the store. I have always wanted to be a trouble maker but always to shy to do it. Now I have kids and can use that as an excuse. haha

As we left the outlet mall the boys were all locked down in their carseats and happy to be on the way home after a very long but productive day. All the sudden we start hearing the noise from the Velcro. Here we have little boys that are less than 1 year old and they have already discovered how to remove their shoes by pulling the straps. I guess they are little geniuses. :-) All I know is that whoever invented Velcro is a genius...and probably very rich.

Nathan has been working us out in the evenings recently. He has decided he is not a real fan of sleeping when we think he should sleep. He would rather hang out with Mom and Dad...even when it is 4am. That was on Saturday and I think we are still recovering from that little treat. I just laugh when I think back to everyone telling me to sleep as much as I can while pregnant since sleep becomes a distant memory when the babies are here. Now I am giving that advise to friends who are pregnant. :-) I do have to admit..I thought they only were referring to the sleepless nights when they are infants....I mention this to parents with older kids and they just laugh.
Well, back to work on my kinetics. As you can tell, I love to blog rather than work on kinetics. :-)
Happy Monday to all and have a great week!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan

1 comment:

M said...

LOL. Well I don't know how seasoned I am, but with my girls we do freezie pop bribes.... and tv show bribes for Savannah... I have done stickers before, as well as M&M's or skittles, ice cream, dollar store "junk" etc. Baloons are a blast for the girls but I don't use them as rewards.... I don't really trust Zoe with them too much cause she tends to like to pop them and I have had to pull pieces out of the mouth.... If it is rewards while grocery shopping then I do the free cookies, balloons and sometimes cheese.

So far I have done all of Zoe's haircuts. She has a head of hair, but I have only needed to trim the ends and therefore not really need to style it.... I don't think I could do it if I were a mom of a boy.

My secret to surviving the malls with toddlers is to take the double stroller and lock them down.... then only really attempt one store...

I found the shoes comming off is a bordom thing... It is also why I don't put shoes on till we get somewhere, how Savannah has ended up with a few pairs of really cheap shoes (from when she forgot shoes at home) and how the shoes tend to live in my car.

Isn't it amazing how we parents don't get sleep anymore????

Oh and for the teething thing, freezie pops work really well. I don't think I mentioned that on the last post....