I know, I know, as I look at the last post I realize the blog could become multiple postings documenting our new journey: potty training. As I read all the millions of suggestions on the web, I have correctly realized this is not going to be easy but I think we are going to have many disgusting stories that we can tell the boy's wives many many years (30+ years) later. Currently we just sit back and laugh...once the mess is cleaned up.
So here is the new fun story:
Our guys were in great moods on Monday night and ready for baths. Nathan has not been very interested in potty training so he again said "no, no!" when I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. We moved on to the bath and Christopher made his way to the potty since he loves performing. Will was helping Christopher while I started bathing Nathan. Will started screaming "Christopher pooped on the potty!!" We were all cheering for Christopher when Nathan looked up at me with his big hazel eyes and had such a concerned look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he moved over to show me he had left a large poo in the tub. I quickly removed him even though he was covered in soap and put him on the tile. Will ran downstairs to get something to fish out the floater and once he returned Nathan pooped again on the tile! We were in panic mode. Christopher was laughing and pointing at the poo and Nathan looked like he was in total shock. He was probably wondering what the problem was: He was covered in soap, dripping wet, and tons of stuff was coming out of his hiney. We were still in panic mode which obviously means we were not thinking very clearly. I kept bringing one or two wipes to Will as he cleaned up the tile. He just finished wiping up the last of the poo and Nathan shot out another pile a little bit closer to the toilet. Again Christopher cracked up, Nathan looked like he was going to cry, and Will and I were just wondering how much stuff can come out of someone that is so small? Will decided to use toilet paper to clean up the rest of the poo but first put Nathan on the potty just in case the little volcano had further gifts. He found it was very difficult to put the nasty TP in the toilet since Nathan was now sitting on the toilet. Nathan got pretty dirty to say the least. We were past the point of shock, we just died laughing. Once we got it together, Dad bathed our little angels in another tub and I had the distinct honor of bleaching our tub. All is well and hopefully this is the first step of potty training for Nathan.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment