After many weeks of debate and nail biting, we have finally taken the plunge. Christopher, our little gymnast, decided to climb his crib and straddle the edge while Will was changing Nathan after our trip to Buffalo. We think he learned that he was able to do this on our trip since they figured out how to climb out of the pack and play. We both were worried this might happen after watching them jump in and out of the pack n plays and had decided the first sign of climbing out of the crib was the sign it was time to move to a toddler bed rather than risk a broken collar bone or worse. So that day came....right after our trip. Will pulled out the tools and went to work on the cribs
which convert to the toddler beds. We brought the boys upstairs and it took about 2 seconds for them to race over to their beds and start jumping up and down like mad men. They were so excited and spent their entire "nap' time jumping up and down. Luckily, in the 3 weeks they have had their toddler beds, I am thankfully happy to report we have not had any major injuries or lost teeth. We are working on decreasing the jumping although this has been very difficult. They are now screaming: "no more monkeys jumping on the bed" as loud as possible as they jump as high as they can. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to read the story about the monkeys jumping on the bed to the boys during this transition period. Unfortunately, they don't seem to get the point that the monkeys fall off and bump their heads. Oh well, we are learning as we go. This is just the beginning and I can already feel a nice ulcer growing in my belly.
Since the beds have been converted, it has been so awesome to watch the friendship really grow between the boys. They are always working together to fight naps, they love getting into each other's beds and sharing stuffed animals, and in the morning they will cuddle up together in one bed and read until we come up to get them. They are so lucky to have each other and it is amazing at how close they are growing. This might be a bad thing for mom and dad since now they can work together to conspire on various ideas.
All I can think is "my babies are growing up way too fast". I think that so often and just wish the time would slow down a little bit. The boys are such good kids. They have learned how to thank God and tell God they love him every night. It just melts our hearts. Our blessings are so great and I am so thankful to God for all the joys he has given us.
Here are pictures of the boys in their converted beds.
7 comments:
I was gonna say.. They switched beds again?! but then I saw that Nathan was dominating both beds until christopher took over in the later pictures. haha monkey jumping on the bed.
To be honest- I'm slightly jealous that they can jump on their beds.. I was always banned :(
there are two comments from me b/c one was pre-reading hte post and another is post reading :)
No, they are not allowed to jump on the bed. We put an end to it because they have come to close to bumping their chin on the rails on the way down.
oh.
and i just noticed... all three pics of christopher are of him jumping and the last one is just him chillin' looking all relaxed :)
lol.... Good luck stopping them! We still are working on that and Zoe has been in a regular bed since she climbed out of the crib at 1 years old!
Nathan actually did bump his chin a week or so ago. He has not jumped on the bed since then. I did have him "call the doctor" with a play phone and the doctor told him "no more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!" I guess it worked. Now, Christopher, forget it. He has no fear. We have to watch him like a hawk.
OMGOODNESS!
I definitely did not notice that nathan was in the bed also while christopher was jumping!!! haha too funny
Post a Comment