Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 days before Christmas!

Can you believe Christmas is here already? It just seems like yesterday it was the 4th of July! The Li house is all decorated and festive (thanks to Will) and the boys are enjoying the Christmas lights. Will and I are still adjusting to juggling all the little things that need to be done in preparation for the holiday season such as decorating, cooking, shopping etc with two little ones. We attempted to include the boys in the decorating outside a few weekends ago but the boys decided it was not very fun to sit in bouncies on the porch while daddy hung lights. These little ones are just itching to start crawling as soon as possible so just hanging out is just driving them nuts. :-)

Here are pictures of the boys bundled up while we put up the decorations (just before they melted down and had to go back inside).


We had a bit of a cold front and temps dipped into the 60's. That's right, while the rest of the country enjoys snow and single digit temps, we will be in the 70's for Christmas!

Grandma Jeannie and Grandpa Larry are here in Jacksonville celebrating the boys' first Christmas with us. The boys are having such a good time with them and I love it since I have shopping buddies. Grandma Jeannie is helping me find some new work clothes since I start work again on January 6th and Grandpa Larry has been our body guard/nanny this week. Mom and I went shopping after the boys went to bed the other night from 9pm to 11pm so we had our own personal body guard. We then hit the outlet mall today and Grandpa Larry had baby carriage duty. He found a way to keep the boys asleep the entire afternoon! What a blessing!! It was such a blessing to be able to get a little shopping done since it has been next to impossible the last few months. I do have a confession though....I am absolutely terrified of the future. For the first time in my life, I am now noticing all the little toddlers running around and realizing just how fast they find trouble. I must have turned a blind eye to this when I was not a mom. I am starting to realize we really have it easy so far....life is going to be WILD chasing to little boys everywhere. I know..many of you are thinking "DUH!!" right now.....I believe denial is a beautiful thing. As some of you know, I always told you that the Li boys wouldn't cry and I was right (they just SCREAM)....I will try to believe that our little angels will not be like the little toddlers weaving in and out of the racks at the store and the poor exhausted mother attempting to catch them...the dynamic duo will just sit quietly in the stroller right? :-) I guess I will allow myself to stay in my fantasy world for just a little longer.

The boys are just amazing! They continue to grow like weeds and change every day. We are convinced Nathan was singing Jingle Bells with Grandma Jeannie the other night and Christopher has been talking in his own personal language nonstop. I am a little worried they are already working on teeth since the drool has really started and they both LOVE to chew on their fists. They both just need to learn that there is really no reason to put the entire fist in the mouth...both have found ways to gag themselves in the last few days. Guess they have to learn the hard way.....kind of like Mom does in terms of her fantasy world.

As you have seen on the blog...the boys are trying to scoot on their own and continue to get stronger. We are going to have to really start baby proofing the house very soon. I am a little worried about the sanity of the cats since they will become a very tempting target once the kids are mobile. I am sure you will see a very frustrated blog from "Ralph" once he is being chased all over the house. Until this all starts up, Will and I are just enjoying the ability to tell the boys to "STAY" and they really do stay right there! Here are a couple of pictures of the boys practicing their tricks.




We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're really excited about the boys scooting around but trust me, they won't be crawling all over until after they can sit up on their own. So, you have plenty of time to prepare! GET PREPARED!

Merry Christmas!

M said...

Zoe was doing the exact same thing at the age they are at now.... I felt like she was going to take off any moment..... but it wasn't till four and a half or five months old that she was able to army crawl backwards, and just this week she actually figured out how to go forward..... but she still isn't very fast and mainly stays in the living room. It is amazing how difficult it is to child proof just this one room though!

It is true about the trouble toddlers get into.... and it continues into the early preschool age... but the best thing ever is locked in strollers.... and it is never too early to start!!! but I guess it is also a good idea to start getting used to the fact that trouble will be following you all the time..... and apologizing for everything!