Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sleeping through the night!!

I hope I am not announcing the good news too soon but for the last two nights the boys have slept from about 8pm til 5:30am! The last month or so they have only gotten up once in the night around 3:30 am to nurse and the promptly fell asleep again until around 7:00am...well I woke up as they have trained me to do at 3:30am Sunday night (really Monday am huh?) and no one was stirring...not even a mouse. I paced around, checked their breathing about 100 times, and paced some more until 5:00am with still no screaming hungry babies. Well, for anyone that has gone through the interesting experiences with breastfeeding...waiting to nurse past 2 hours can get a little sore to say the least. I finally decided to pump rather than wake the boys since we try to follow the rule....NEVER wake a sleeping baby!! Well, as you can guess the minute I was done pumping the boys woke up. They were not too happy to take a bottle for breakfast but that is how the cookie crumbles!! :-)
Last night I changed my system a little hoping they wouldn't wake up at 3:30am and luckily we again had a full night sleep in the Li household with our early bird, Christopher, waking up at 6:00am. Nathan on the other hand can sleep through anything and had no desire to get up. In the world of twins....a schedule is necessary for survival and sanity so I had to break the #1 rule and wake Nathan up. After 15-20 minutes of trying everything under the sun to wake the hibernating bear I was pretty sure when he did wake up, we were going to hear about it. Much to our surprise, he finally opened his eyes and gave us one of his biggest smiles ever. It's great being a mom!!!
Next week I start working for UF part time. I am very excited about my new job but the thought of not being with the boys through the day makes me tear up. Since their birth I think the longest time I have been away from them is 3 hours. It will take some adjustment but at least we have a wonderful nanny, Valerie, who will protect them, love them, and play with them while we are at work. I just pray I do not dissolve into tears at work!! :-) Man, motherhood really has turned me into a softy.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year to all our dedicated blog readers. :-) May 2009 bring blessings to all.
Love,
Robin, Will, Nathan, Christopher

No comments: