So a few nights ago I was reading my "owner's manual" (real title: Your baby's first year week by week) which has kept me somewhat sane and makes me feel like I am doing a fairly good job at this new mommy gig. Anyway....it was saying that right about this time the babes might start to say dada or momma but it might not be the official word since they do not really understand what they are saying. I think Nathan found a way out of his crib and was reading over my shoulder because the next morning he was laying there on the changing table saying "mama mama mama". It was pretty cool. Since Will and I continue to remind everyone that the Li boys are advanced...we are thinking it is his first word. He does not call Will mama so that is a good sign and maybe he really does know I am mama. :-) He also seems to say "baba" which Will has told me in Chinese is "dada". Is this true? I do not have a clue...sometimes you have to be careful with what Will tells you...he can pull your leg...and I fall for it every time. We are actually going to enroll the boys in Chinese classes when they are 4 or 5 years old and Mommy will join them....so for all you faithful blog readers....once we start the class I can update you on if Will was telling me the truth and baba really does mean dada. Our answer will be in the year 2013 or 2014 so be patient. :-)
Christopher has decided to reserve his first word for something very profound...maybe finally he will let us in on the secret formula for the cure for cancer or at least the common cold. We are convinced his babbles are really just scrambled codes for these mysteries that we pray will be solved sometime during our lifetime. Christopher is now spitting and blowing raspberries like his brother so if we thought we had saliva everywhere before...we were sadly mistaken. Now there is spit dripping off their chins, our shoulders, their toys, and who knows..the cats will probably be soaked before long also.
I am very worried about tonight since Nathan rolled over in his crib sometime in the morning hours last night. The owner's manual preaches that the babes should always sleep on their back....so should I go roll him back over each time he flips? That will be entertaining. I guess I might have to dive into the depths of the chat groups online tonight since I would hate to call into the pediatricians office and ask a stupid question....again. :-)
We were scheduled for a photo shoot for Sunday morning but the great rash has come back. Nathan looks particularly bad...it almost looks like someone slapped him across the face each way 20 times or so...or he just returned from a long ski run in zero degree temps. Since neither of these theories are even an option I can only assume we are still dealing with dry skin issues. Christopher has a little bit on one side of his cheek and hopefully it will not worsen. The Li family all smells of A&D ointment which is pretty darn nasty and I continue to drive Valerie nuts by calling all day to see if the rash has improved. Since we just saw the pediatrician last week for the same issue, they told me to just watch it and stay relaxed....easy said. I guess I really do have the CMS (Crazy Mom Syndrome...coined by no other than my husband). Anyway, the photo shoot will have to be rescheduled since I really do not think photo shop will really help in this case.
That is the update before the highly anticipated 6 month birthday!! (on Monday) I honestly can't believe it has been 6 months but I am sure I will be saying this even when they are 30 years old. Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully we can find some time to post some pictures sometime tomorrow or Sunday!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well you might already know the answer if you really did dive into the depths of the chat rooms, but no, you don't go in and flip them back over every time they flip themselves. Zoe would not stay on her back from the day she figured out how to flip herself. I would never get any sleep if I had worried about that!!!!
Well, if you are tired of smelling like A and D why don't you switch creams??? sometimes I think when the dry skin comes back again even when using a creme that maybe I should switch cremes. Just a thought. Good luck getting your pictures without the red cheeks though.... It seems like there is always a reason why pictures can't be taken....
Wow, they are 6 months already???? Time does fly.
WOW!!! 6 months already...HAPPY 1/2 YEAR BIRTHDAY! Everyone says "HI".
Love,
Kathy
what about vaseline for dry skin?
and does my vouching count?
Just want to let you know that "baba" means "dada" in Chinese. Nathan is bilingual now :-)
Post a Comment