Saturday, March 21, 2009

Growing like weeds!

So as you see from the 6 month report, the boys are doing great!! We have continued to master the art of steaming different fruits and veggies to make their baby food. It has been quite a learning experience. We have only had one reject....yellow squash. Nathan did not do very well last weekend when we introduced the squash. He actually did pretty well at the beginning...but with each bite he would give the "shiver" which should have been my first clue. As we started to finish up, I gave Nathan one last bite of squash..BIG MISTAKE!! He did his shiver and then acted like he was gagging or choking. I was scared he somehow was choking on his food so I pulled him out of his highchair just in time for him to puke all over himself, the floor, and mommy. We were all nasty. Will and I were laughing hysterically and Nathan was screaming his head off. Christopher just looked at all of us like we had finally lost our minds. Nathan and I had to strip down since we were soaked and then everything was under control. (although vomit smell seems to just sear your nostrils since I was convinced I could still smell it on my arms for a few days) I am just so thankful our cats were not hanging out right below him when he erupted. We would have had two smelly angry kitties!! I have sworn off giving Nathan any further yellow squash for now...although Valerie is very brave and has successfully given him the dreaded squash on a few occasions without experiencing the now infamous Nathan explosion.

The boys have been threatening to crawl this week and I am expecting them to take off any day now. They both have learned how to go from sitting position to launching on to their stomachs..they just can't figure out what is next. They both seem to get very frustrated once they launch onto their tummies since they just can't go any further. Will and I continue to enjoy this time so we are in no hurry to see them go in opposite directions. We are about half way done baby proofing the upstairs and will probably be finished with this by next weekend. As you see in the pictures, the boys are now getting to play with the triplets. Since two of the three of them are now crawling, the Li boys are studying them very closely and trying to figure out this new trick.

The boys are very excited to welcome so many new friends into the world:
1. Bryce Motycka was born approximately 2-3 weeks ago
2. Tessa Dixon was born about a week ago
3. Ansley McDonald was born a few days ago
4. Haley Hartman is on deck...due April 17th
5. Baby Boy Cowart is due in May I believe.

As you can see, we all have been so blessed by so many wonderful little babies. For all of our faithful blog readers who are not quite ready for babies or just reading all details of poo (yes I had to get it in there) and puke really turns you off....do not drink any water around our group of friends since pregnancy seems to be contagious!! :-)

Have a great weekend!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

No comments: