So it has been a busy week for the dynamic duo. Nathan started working on rolling over from his back to his tummy last week and has definitely proven he achieves anything he puts his mind to. On Thursday he really just kept practicing and practicing only to teeter right on the edge of rolling completely over but then would lose it right at the end and end back on his back...mainly since he will not pull his thumb out of his mouth even if his life depended on it. Finally on Friday he was victorious! He is now rolling both ways...front to tummy and tummy to back! He has not figured out that he can do this all at the same time to allow him easier travels across the floor....I think I will just enjoy the limited time we have left of the babies remaining in about the same place for an extended period of time.
As usual, since the boys continue to try and do the exact opposite, Christopher has basically stayed away from rolling and would rather practice sitting and standing. He can sit up and play for hours and very rarely will fall backwards. He has found his ability to balance himself with his arms and will probably just launch himself into crawling when he is ready. He spends most of his time in his favorite exersaucer so he can stand and jump. Anytime we are holding him he is jumping up and down until he is out of breath. It is just awesome!
They both are learning how to scream while playing and they always have this surprised look on their faces when the loud squeals come out. I assume it is too early to teach them what the difference between "indoor voices" and "outdoor voices" so we will just enjoy the minimal hearing loss we might incur from the shrieks in the nursery.
We continue to work on expanding the foods for the boys. Will continues to work on making baby food and has now roped me into the excitement. We are now feeding them bananas, plums, and sweet potatoes. Next step, avocados and squash. All I know is that yesterday I had 4...yes 4 poopy diapers and I assume this will just grow in numbers as we add more food. Had to give you the poop update just to stay regular...haha I mean consistent.
On that sick note, off to prepare for work tomorrow. I have been off since last Wednesday so I will be going through mommy withdrawal all day tomorrow. :-(
Have a great Wednesday!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment