Thursday, April 16, 2009

A New Arrival!!!

Christopher now has a tooth!! Through all the spit, chewing, and fussing the little tooth has finally popped through the gum and now we can all breathe a sigh of relief....until the next one decides to follow. I think Will and I are much more excited than the boys. They just get annoyed when we are trying to peak in their mouths to check out the baby teeth!


The boys continue to attempt to crawl but have not mastered it yet. It is just amazing how they differ in the approach to crawling. Christopher has really mastered the army crawl....and fetching. (I know...he is not a dog but he really will go get something if you toss it across the room but obviously does not bring it back...too much fun!!) I figure it is a good game since he has found his favorite game...."mommy and daddy go fetch"...toys, bottles, food..anything he can figure out how to throw from his highchair will be launched.

Nathan on the other hand continues to get in the perfect crawling pose and either freeze and scream in frustration or crawl backwards. He actually gets angry as he crawls further way from me! It probably doesn't help his frustration when I am laughing at him... mean mommy!!!

Of course, we still think there is the possibility that both will end up walking and skip crawling all together. They both love standing and they both are LOVING the walker and the bouncy. They both are zooming around the island in the kitchen when they get a turn in the walker. I considered getting another walker so we could have some Dynamic Duo races in the living room. I have changed my mind since Christopher ran over my toe today and also ran over Maverick. Two walkers might finally put the poor cats in straight jackets.

I do have some very good news! We finally had people at the grocery store comment on the TWINS vs asking us if they were twins. If I had a dollar for every time someone comes us to us and says "Are they twins?" "Are they a boy and girl?" (Note: we are not sure which baby people think is a girl..maybe it depends on the outfits). We also had one guy come up and point at Nathan and ask "how old is he?"...we then told him 6 months and then he pointed at Christopher and asked "how old is he?" I am sure both Will and I looked a little shocked...we just politely answered 6 months. Then he followed with the typical question..."Are they twins?". Bang head here. I have decided the best way to conquer this is to do one thing Will and I thought we would not do very often....dress them alike. Last weekend we had them all decked out in little matching BASEBALL outfits with BASEBALL caps on. Not only did people say..."look at the TWINS!" but they also said "cute little boys!!!!' YAAEEEEE :-) Our other alternative is to just tell people "No they aren't twins, but they were born on the same day so we met in the hospital and ditched our respective spouses." (Just for clarification: Will added this last part)

I do have to share one more thing...I think my love grows for these incredible little boys every single day. My heart just swells when they look over and grin at me or raise their arms so I will pick them up. I just can not begin to thank God enough for the opportunity for this experience.



Have a great weekend!!!

Love

Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan

4 comments:

Rachel said...

:-) Where are those pictures!?!

phoebe said...

i think most ppl have the idea that twins should look alike. and the fact that they look so different shocks some people...

sklay723 said...

Steve and I actually got so tired of the "Are they twins?" question that we came up with this response: (point at one kid) "Well, this one is ours...(point at the other kid) and that one was born in the hospital on the same day, but we thought he/she was so cute we decided to bring him/her home with us, too!"

I will warn you that using this response can either make people chuckle and laugh, or make them look at you with sheer horror on their faces...but it helps cut down on the feeling that you want to bang your head on a wall. :)

Unknown said...

I remembered that when my kids at that age, some people still asked me "Is a girl or boy?" even I dressed them in the light pink color dress.
I think most of people just want to start a conversation so they can get a closer look at the baby or touch the baby...