I know, two posts in one day...what can I say?
I have now had my first experience with one of my children deciding he has been given the tools to put out fires. A little background...Will had a golf outing today so the boys and I were on our own. Bath time is a little different when I am outnumbered, but since they are able to walk on their own and respond commands, bathing both kids at the same time and getting them ready for bed is much easier than it was when they were smaller. Once the boys are dried off they are allowed to run butt naked back into their room. I figure I am willing to gamble for the brief 2 minutes it takes me to catch them and put a diaper on them. Tonight was no different. I chased down Christopher and put a diaper on him and allowed him to go back to running around like a maniac. I was working on Nathan, putting the diaper on, lotion, and his jammies when Christopher started pulling on my leg. I look down and he is butt naked and trying to hand me his diaper along with "talking" to me. I told him he would have to wait since I was right in the middle of Nathan's routine so he took off and then returned a minute or so later repeating the process. Nathan was now diapered, lotioned, and clothed so it was Christopher's turn. We repeated our little bedtime ritual and it was time to go back out to the living room to play and drink milk. This is when I saw the treat. Christopher had apparently decided to pee through the gate that is in their bedroom door. I guess he thought it would be cool to take off his diaper and see how things worked. Once he was done, it was time for mom to put the diaper back on. I turned and looked at him and then said "Christopher, did you really pee on the floor" He started LAUGHING! He is 13 months old....was this just a coincidence or are we in for a real ride? I guess the bright side is that if he is our little fireman in the future, our grass is going to look great!!
We are currently stressing as we watch the gators tonight. I figured this is a nice stress reliever to document another adventure in parenting. :-)
Have a great one and cross your fingers for the Gators!!
Robin, Will, Christopher (aka the fireman) and Nathan
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Matt Dixon would be SO proud to know that a Li baby is ready to start peeing in the yard with him! Too funny!!!
You might have easy time to potty train Christopher when the time comes :-)
We are hoping for a very quick and easy potty training period with the boys. Christopher likes to do everything "his way" so hopefully he decides it is pretty cool to try out the potty vs. completely refusing to do it our way. :-)
Post a Comment