So we hope everyone had a very safe and happy Halloween! We had a great and a very busy day!! We started the day off by introducing the boys to tailgating at the Florida/Georgia game. It was over 89 degrees out but we still made it to the stadium and the boys were absolute champs. They were able to see the band going out to the field and unfortunately were introduced to the drums also. It was so neat to see their eyes just get so wide as the drummers went by banging away. I hope I will not think back to this time when 2-3 years down the road one or both of them are begging for a drum set. (Note: for any of you reading this and getting some evil ideas....paybacks will come back to you...I can send playdough or some other dreaded evil invention by people who obviously do not have children.) hahaha. Through our 5 mile march to the stadium the boys unfortunately heard every cuss word invented and saw a young kid already barfing in the trashcan. It was still 3 hours until kickoff!!! Oh to be young again. haha. Look out, I am full of it tonight. We made it to 2 of the tailgates and the boys had a great time. Aside from many people referring to Will and I as John and Kate, the boys received plenty of attention. They were referred to as baby gators through the day and even had a few bulldog fans try to convert them to the dark side. I am proud to say, through the very strong gator support of Will, the boys are still safely gator fans. They even did the chomp at the tailgate!!
Our next stop was Blackstone Grille where the boys dressed up as M&Ms and suprised Yaya and Nei nei (their grandparents). After being fed a great dinner, we suprised Valerie and her husband so they could see the boys in their outfits and then headed home. We thought we would just go ahead and end the night with a long walk in the wagon so the boys could show off their costumes and see all the other kids. The boys had a blast and even decided that they needed to push their wagon about half way home. This went really well until about 1/4 mile from home, Christopher needed a diaper change. I guess you could say Christopher started as a plane M&M and was now a Peanut M&M. He didn't see the humor in it nor appreciate the fact I did not bring any diapers on our walk. He screamed the entire way home as I did the speed walk with him and Will and Nathan followed behind. As you can guess, everyone in the neighborhood was out trick or treating so they were all probably trying to recall the phone number for child protective services as they watched me carrying this screaming child down the street. All was well though. Nothing like a nice warm bath, a full bottle of milk, and a lot of cuddling from mom and dad before bed...both boys were happy campers and slept all night long.
Now as for the title of my entry. We seem to have a little pack rat living in our house. I keep opening my kitchen cabinets and finding shoes, random tupperware, beer holders, you name it. Nathan LOVES to help out and will put anything he can carry away in the cabinets. Today I had to dig out his toy camera from the trashcan since he has now figured out it is fun to throw things away. Poor Valerie spent over 20 minutes looking for one of the boy's shoes the other day and found it in a pyrex dish. He loves to grab any ice cubes that fall from the ice dispenser and quickly put them in the cabinet of his choice. It is great fun for all. I feel like I am on a scavenger hunt every time I am in my kitchen now.
I keep thinking there is absolutely no way things could get any more fun. I am always amazed and every day these guys amaze me with something and also find a way to crack me up multiple times a day. I never thought I could laugh so often! I think when God thought of the best way to give the gift of love and laughter, he decided allowing us to have children would supply both.
Pictures will be coming very soon! I think our cameraman has been having computer issues but hopefully this will be resolved very quickly!!
Have a great week!
Robin, Will, Nathan, Christopher
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment