How time flies!! Our boys are now 2 months old and are growing like weeds. Christopher was weighed at the doctor's office yesterday and he now weighs 10lbs 15oz! We had to make a quick stop by the pediatrician since Christopher has a little rash on his face which apparently is very normal. Since I am one of the hyper first time moms and basically used every book and of course google searches to freak myself out....we had to get worked in just to make sure he did not pick up something terrible like measles or something. I really should chill out and stop looking everything up on google. The coolest thing though....you can type in "green poop" and there will be TONS of entries. (that was another freak out I had but my Aunt Becky chilled me out) We believe Nathan will be close to 12lbs since he is our linebacker. We have our 2 month shots on Friday so we will reports official weights once we get through the trauma of the multiple shots they are going to get. :-( I am already tearing up thinking about it.
Speaking of my Aunt Becky..she and my cousin Kathy came in from Chicago for a week to help care for the boys and let Will and I regroup. Will and I were counting the minutes until they arrived and it was an AWESOME week!! Kathy and Becky had a crash course in double diaper duty, double crying, and assembling a double stroller. They are now pros that is for sure! We were trying to figure out how to lock them upstairs and keep them here for the next 18 years or so but unfortunately, they had to head back to Chicago area since they do have families also. Christopher and Nathan (and Will and I of course) really miss them and can't wait for a return visit! Thanks to the family that held down the fort in Chicago while Kathy and Becky stayed with us. We can't wait to see you all soon also!
Speaking of my Aunt Becky..she and my cousin Kathy came in from Chicago for a week to help care for the boys and let Will and I regroup. Will and I were counting the minutes until they arrived and it was an AWESOME week!! Kathy and Becky had a crash course in double diaper duty, double crying, and assembling a double stroller. They are now pros that is for sure! We were trying to figure out how to lock them upstairs and keep them here for the next 18 years or so but unfortunately, they had to head back to Chicago area since they do have families also. Christopher and Nathan (and Will and I of course) really miss them and can't wait for a return visit! Thanks to the family that held down the fort in Chicago while Kathy and Becky stayed with us. We can't wait to see you all soon also!

As a new mom, I can tell you I have learned some very valuable lessons....1. TOES are very important when you are holding two babies and need to grab a blanket or something. God must have known I was going to be a multiple mom since I have always had talented toes. (I know, TMI) Believe it or not, I am now typing this blog with my toes! Ok, maybe not but I have managed to master turning the channel with the remote when I am nursing both kids at the same time. :-)
2. Dish soap really does get off the pooh....thanks Michelle for this handy tip. Christopher put this theory to the test last night when he decided it was time to teach us what a real blow out was. I am sure this will not be the last one but it was a little shocking to me to see just what a mess things can become.
3. Garage sales become so much more fun when you are shopping for kids!! It is amazing how you can find clothes that still have the tags on them for $1 or less!! The boys and I shopped all the garage sales in our community last Saturday and found some great deals. I am training them very young so they will not complain when I take them shopping later.
4. Sleep is really overrated. Will and I are past the delirious state...the boys continue to eat every 2 hours which means if we start at 12am and finish at 1am...the boys are ready to eat again at 2am. I guess you can guess that Will and I basically nap through the entire night. I always said I needed more hours in the day....well the babes are showing me where I can get those hours...in the middle of the night!! :-) We are praying that the boys really start spreading this eating schedule out in the next few weeks. Rumor has it that when a baby reaches 12lbs or 12 weeks old then he should be sleeping through the night. Stay tuned to the blog to see if this is really true. By the way, this came from the pediatrician, not google.
Well, I have rambled on long enough. The boys are taking a nap after Nathan had a rather embarrassing meltdown at Walmart. I guess he prefers to shop at Target.
I hope all is well with everyone reading this. We love visitors so give me a call anytime you have a free moment to stop by!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher and Nathan
2 comments:
From one twin mommy to another, here's a little friendly advice about what you need to remember for your 2-month checkup and shots...feel free to ignore if you want, I just felt like sharing! :)
1) Bottles. Bring bottles. I am so glad I brought some. I gave mine their bottles immediately after their shots and they were soothed much more quickly that way. The tears are short-lived, especially if the nurse is good about giving shots, but the faster you can get the crying to stop the better off you all are. :)
2) Take the LIMO to the office. I know it's a pain, but so much easier than lugging the carseats in on their own. Of course, I had to take them to their appt by myself because my hubby was working that day...so I just found that the stroller made it so much easier.
3) Baby motrin or tylenol, whichever you prefer. Sometimes the shots make the kids get a slight fever or cause discomfort (hmmm...needles...yes, I can understand that!). Don't give them the medicine until AFTER they have their temps taken, so that the nurse gets an accurate reading. But ask if you can give it to them after the temp-taking is done, so it's already in their system before shots. If it helps you, take some motrin or tylenol for yourself, too. :)
4) Your camera. I started the tradition of taking the kids' photos at each checkup for their first two years. Silly maybe, but it is fun to look back and remember how much they'd grown at each stage.
I hope this helps, even just a little! Take care and good luck!
Thank you so much for your suggestions. Needless to say, this is a high anxiety day for me.
Robin
Post a Comment