Thursday, November 20, 2008

New tricks Volume 1

For our dedicated blog readers and for documentation of the boys' development this will be a new entry fairly frequently to let you know what they are up to!!



1. As you have seen in the recent pictures, both Christopher and Nathan are now smiling socially. They have both started giggling as well which is absolutely hilarious. It cracks me up when they are just staring at the ceiling fan and laughing. Wouldn't this world be a happier place if everyone had to stare at something benign once a day and just burst out laughing?



2. You might think I am crazy but I am positive Nathan is dancing...even at 10 weeks old. As you know, I am currently staying home each day with the boys. I have been coming up with different ways to entertain them and stimulate them since we already know the Li boys are "advanced". Since this blog is also a place I can put in my "true confessions of a new mommy" I have now started not only introducing them to 80's music since this was the best decade for true music, but also dancing around the house like a crazy woman for exercise and wonderful entertainment for the kids. The first day or so, the boys just looked at me like I had finally lost my marbles. Now, they both sit there and smile and giggle and probably discuss my awesome dancing moves late at night in their crib. Nathan really got into the music today...I believe the song that was on XM 80's was "Walk like an Egyptian" and HE WAS DANCING WITH ME!!! I must get a video camera to tape it to prove I really haven't lost it. And no, my smooth moves will not be posted on the web. You will just have to believe that this new mommy can MOVE!!



3. Good news from the sleep deprivation camp: The boys have now spread out their midnight snacks to 3 hours vs two hours. As I told some folks today, at least we are not starting one of those bad late night movies with one feeding and finding it is still on when we are starting the next feeding. It is amazing how much better Will and I felt when we slept 2 hours at a time vs 1 hour. Of course, we thought we were home free and then Christopher blew up our schedule last night and reverted back to 2 hours again....we are praying he just had a small relapse and will hold on for the 3 hour schedule tonight. I will have to report this in Volume 2 since it is now 2 hours since the last feed and he is just starting to stir.arrgggg



Ok so I will keep reporting on the new tricks as they come up!

No comments: