Saturday, January 10, 2009

The boys are 4 months old!

Here we are again....the boys are another month older and it really feels like just yesterday they were tiny sleeping babies all swaddled up and only waking to eat. Times change so quickly! As you have seen in previous blogs, the boys are scooting a little on blankets, doing push ups, and now starting to play in the exersaucer! Christopher has also discovered his voice and loves to talk and sing rather than scream...at least most days. He does not seem to be that impressed with the camera which is why we do not have tons of pictures where he is smiling, but let me tell you, this little one smiles all the time. Every time he smiles, the room just lights up. Last night he started giggling which was just awesome! His legs are so strong now. We have to warn anyone that is holding him that he can really kick and can shoot out of their arms if he is not held carefully. I am still convinced he might just weigh heavier than Nathan since he seems to eat everything that is given to him and then during the day he will usually finish his brother's left overs as well. We have our 4 month check up and immunizations :-( this coming Wednesday so we will have our answer at weigh in!!

Nathan continues to smile at everything..even the ceiling which cracks me up. He is still our "all or none" child. He can be smiling and laughing one minute and then throw his pouty lip out and start screaming bloody murder the next minute. He has really started to respond more to Christopher and always will grab for Christopher's hand when he is laying close enough to him. It is so neat to see that they are recognizing each other. They will just stop and grin at each other and then start the "twin talk". I can only imagine what they are saying....some things are better left unknown. We have found all of Nathan's strength is in his upper body vs his legs. He loves to do tummy time as you have seen in the pictures. I have found when he is fussy the best thing to do is put him down on his tummy so he can use up some energy. Nathan also continues to be our TV hound. He will turn his head as far as it will go just to catch a glimpse of the TV. I do allow them to watch a little Blues Clues when I am nursing to keep them happy. They both just giggle through the entire show. It is adorable...and I like to fool myself they are learning something and not just watching the little blue dog jump all over the place.

I do have to report the boys are starting to feed off each other to get what they want. Will and I are really struggling in the evenings during dinner time. We have "lazy boys" set up for the boys in the dining room which are basically high chairs that are made for infants and then convert to toddler chairs later on. The boys have decided they would rather be held vs hang in out the lazy boys. They both start screaming at the top of their lungs and if one gets tired...the other picks up the volume just to ensure mom and dad are still getting the point. They will even look over at us and cry louder if we are looking at them!!!! I am hoping we will be starting cereal in the next week or so following the pediatrician appointment so then they will be busy eating vs screaming.

Well, that is the update for now. Will is actually playing MR. MOM today since I had to work. It sounds like other than a major blow out from Nathan early this morning, things have been under control. I do have to brag a little....I really do have the best husband in the world!!

Happy Saturday to all.
Love
Robin, William, Christopher, and Nathan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you... If you set a rule, stick with it. It will make your life much easier later....