Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Dynamic Duo has been BUSY!!

So this week has been a mixture of good and bad news. Good news first of course: Nathan rolled over on his own today!! I am not sure if it was an accident or not but he was on his tummy doing a pushup so he could see his brother and all the sudden he rolled over onto his back!! I was actually talking to Will on the phone at the time so we were both able to experience this first roll over. Nathan did not rollover again today so I guess we will see if he does it more often the rest of week.

The boys are now sleeping in their own cribs. They have slept together every night since they came home but due to Christopher spinning around as he sleeps and Nathan starting to encroach in Christopher's territory...the boys have now been separated. Will and I were actually waiting until the second baby monitor came in from Amazon so we could see both of them before we made the change but last night the boys woke us up and were basically on top of each other. I guess a change like that has to happen....since it happened in the middle of the night due to necessity it was like ripping a bandaid off as fast as possible so it was not really painful for the boys nor us. :-) I do not think Will enjoyed repositioning the camera in the middle of the night but he was a good sport.

Bad news: Well, I guess it is how you view it but the boys now are dealing with their first cold. Christopher is much more congested than Nathan but they are both hacking quite a bit. I have decided the booger snatcher is as close to torture as you can get...Christopher screamed bloody murder when I was sucking the snot this morning. I think he has finally forgiven me but I can honestly say I was close to tears as he screamed and I sucked the long nasty gooey snot out. I was just amazed at how such a little person could create so much snot! (I have said this about other bodily fluids as well but I will not go into details to save bad visuals) The other fun part of this is the boys tend to leave very nasty gooey boogers on my chest when they are nursing. Yuck!!! (I know, TMI again)
Good news: I guess it is important for the boys to get colds to help strengthen their immune system but man, it is rough. More good news....supposedly they have found there are about 200 cold viruses. Once you have the virus, you will not have it again. The boys have 1 down...199 to go. I thought I would attempt to keep count for them so they will have hope to have immunity to all viruses by age 50 or so. :-) (Of course, they will probably identify other cold virus strains by then)

It looks like Will and I will both be in parent's club now....we are both fighting this cold as well. I guess this is one of the 200 viruses we have not had yet either. Many people have told me we will have the opportunity to catch everything from the kids...it is already beginning.

So the Li household is full of sneezes, coughs, and goo for the next few days. I hope all of you faithful blog readers are healthy.

Have a great weekend!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited... I have to confess to my stalkerness. I've checked this site a couple times today between avoiding work to look for updates ^.^

thedynamicduo said...

That's ok Phoebe. Sometimes we wonder if anyone is reading other than ourselves. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh you can definitely count me in.

Unknown said...

I used a humidifier to help my kids to sleep better when they catch a cold since they were babies... However, I hope you guys feel better by now....

thedynamicduo said...

we have been using a humidifier for quite some time. I think it helped decrease the severity of the cold since they seem to be improving. Nathan blew a great snot bubble out of his nose this morning. we were really impressed. :-)

kathyo said...

We always read the blog. It is a great way for us to see how much they have grown since we saw them. I hope you guys are all feeling better soon. Love you all,
Kathy