Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Dynamic Duo kicked their first cold!

Well, we have survived the first cold with just a few very traumatic episodes with the booger snatcher and some very nice nights of sleep. I guess that was the bright side of the cold....the boys really were sleeping from 7:30pm to 4:00am. I guess Christopher wanted to let me know he was feeling better last night by getting up at 1:00am, 3:45am, and 6:00am. That was pretty brutal. Oh well...someday I will miss the nights sitting up with them and nursing them while it is quiet and we are having our special time. The kicker of last night was that my little angel decided not only did he not want to nurse at 3:45am, he wanted to play! That didn't go well with me obviously. Mom won this round due to the power of the comfy lazy boy. I curled up with him and rocked him until he decided it was time to nurse a little and drift off into dream land. Thank God for our Lazy Boy!!! For anyone that is planning on having a baby anytime soon, my suggestion would be to splurge and pay the extra $75 or so and get the lazy boy vs the glider. It is so much more comfortable and warm!

Well, all this was written last night and I had to stop to eat dinner. So just since that time we now have more news to report: Christopher rolled over 3 times all by himself this morning! (from tummy to back) This is his first time really rolling. Nathan has done it a few times and seems a little shocked when he does it. I figure in the next week or so they are both going to figure out it is not something that has to be a freak occurrence and they can do it anytime they want to. Nathan has really started picking up his little bottom and creeps along while Christopher has decided to move while on his back. He will dig his heels into the floor and push off....usually covering a good distance. They always seem to try and find opposite ways to do things!!! We really have got to start working on child proofing this house! Will and I keep laughing when we discuss how often we will be screaming "BOYS!!!!!!!" when there are loud thumps, shattering glass etc. We are mentally trying to prepare for the absolute insantity of having two boys running around here will be in a few years.

We will have more pictures in the very near future. It seems like every day they are growing out of some of their clothes! Will just finished enrolling them in the Florida prepaid COLLEGE fund.......that just freaks me out. Everyone tells us all the time how fast they grow and it will seem like yesterday when they were just babies. It thrills me to think of the day I can watch them graduate, get married, have children and know that Will and I have have been given the most incredible gift....being able to be parents to nurture, love, discipline, and give more love to two of the most incredible little boys ever created. I just cherish every second and realize how blessed we are to have such wonderful, healthy, happy, smiling babies.

Have a great weekend!
Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the boys caught a cold from the vaccinations they received from the pediatrician.

Ralph