The Dynamic Duo decided to show off a new trick tonight. They are both dancing now!! Christopher really loves to "get down" and even do the moon walk....well maybe that is stretching a little bit but it really did look like it! All we have to do is start singing about dancing and they both start showing their own signature moves and giggle the entire time. :-)
It has been another busy week for the dynamic duo. They spend most of their time either eating, sleeping, or playing outside. We are learning not to say the word "outside" unless we are really planning on spending some play time outside because once they hear the magic word they are running to the door. Christopher loves pushing the wagon or the tricycle in circles on the driveway while Nathan spends most of his time practicing getting in and out of his little car over and over and over. They both have proven to be very strong willed so if we try to "show" them how to do something else, they are quick to tell us they have it under control. It is amazing just how well they communicate without even saying anything...well at least anything Will and I can understand.
Tonight Nathan decided it was time to take a bath a little early compared to our normal time. He just kept pulling his shirt up, walking towards the nursery, and basically grunting to get our attention. 2 minutes later we were all in the bathroom getting the bath ready and Nathan was a happy little boy. Amazing.
We are starting to wonder if we should both look into getting a few extra jobs in preparation for our Costco bill in the future. The amount of food these two put down is absolutely amazing!! We prepared a 1/2 bag of carrots on Tuesday night and by Wednesday afternoon, they were all GONE! They have also continued to eat basically 2 dinners, one at 4pm and one at 6:00pm and THEN at 7:00pm drink at least 6oz of milk! I keep wondering where they are putting all of this. I just think of what it will be like when they are teenagers...WOWZA.
We did try to eliminate the bottles on their 14th month birthday and both Christopher and Nathan quickly let us know that sippy cups are fine during the day but bottles are required for first thing in the morning and at bedtime. We decided to pick our battles and we will keep using bottles for another month and then hopefully we can convert to all sippy cups. I do have to admit...I really like giving them bottles twice a day and giving this up forces me to realize my little guys are growing up so fast!! Delaying this change a little longer really does not break my heart.
How many times have I said how amazing this experience is? I probably sound like a broken record but I just can not believe how awesome these little guys are and how much they learn every day!!
Have a great weekend and never forget to give your loved ones a hug EVERY DAY!!!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't let ANYONE make you feel bad about not stopping bottles for the morning and nighttime milk right now. We went a little longer than others "recommended" with our twins, and they were just fine. They did sippies during the day and bottles only in the morning and evening...and I promise they aren't (total) monsters. :) And I totally understand how you feel...they really are gifts and blessings, and it is awesome to watch them grow up and learn so many new things!
Post a Comment