Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving from the Li Family!! I apologize for the late entry. Will and I have spent the last few nights of this long weekend catching a few chick flicks that we, well I wanted to see. (Will is a secret chick flick fan...now the secret is out). I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We actually cheated a little this year and tried out a buffet at a local restaurant for our Thanksgiving dinner along with YaYa (Grandpa Charles) and Nei Nei (Grandma Helen). One thing Will and I always said when we were the perfect parents (when we actually did not have children) was that we would never ever use a DVD player to entertain our children at a restaurant. Well, now that we are now parents and no longer perfect, we decided to try the trick since we knew this adventure would be a little longer than the boys would be willing to chill out and sit quietly. Well, lets just say Will and I did not have to worry about gaining too much weight on Thanksgiving day. The boys did a great job but they were not that interested in the DVD player and they were ready to get down and run around once they were full of mainly sweet potatoes and strawberries...their favorites. We just took turns entertaining them and trying to catch a few bites of Thanksgiving dinner. After we finished we spent a great deal of time walking around a courtyard in St. Augustine. The boys had a blast running through the grass and just showing off for anyone that would pay attention. We went home and were one of the first in our neighborhood to get the Christmas lights up. Christmas is going to be so fun with the boys this year!! Will and I decided we really needed to make our own little Thanksgiving dinner so we discovered we are a little more traditional than we thought. We whipped everything together for dinner on Friday night and now we join the millions of people in this world with a pile of leftover turkey in the fridge. :-)



We are so thankful for our friends and family. Will and I just stop and watch the boys in absolute wonder and always think of how precious they are. We know they are on loan from God and have been put in our keeping to mold and shape into productive, caring, God loving individuals. We take our job very seriously and thank God for these precious souls. We also feel so lucky to live in such a wonderful country where we can truly be free. Man, it is so overwhelming to think of how many gifts we have and how lucky we are. Will and I work hard to thank God every day for all the amazing gifts he has given us. Thank you all for following our blog and we look forward to sharing many more crazy fun memories throughout the years.



Love

Robin, Will, Nathan, and Christopher

No comments: