So today did not start out very great but at least I didn't completely lose it as I walked into the boys' bedroom bright and early this morning. Poor little Christopher looked as though he had been in some horror picture show and looked as though he had blood all over him as I approached the crib. Somehow my "in case of emergency" brain kicked in vs. the "mommy hysteria" brain and I started to assess him to attempt to figure out what happened. He was awake and alert, there were no cuts on his head, hands, or arms, and it did not appear his nose, mouth, or ears had been bleeding. By this time Will had run upstairs and informed me he had vomited during the night. My nose was completely stuffed up (thank God for small blessings) so I had not been able to smell the stench Will was experiencing which solved the mystery. Christopher had eaten raspberry jello with raspberries for dinner the night before. Apparently, this plus his milk before bed did not settle well...hence the red vomit. We got him all cleaned up and went into the living room for morning milk as we do every morning. He drank it with no problems and then 3 minutes after he finished he became the human volcano. I still can not understand how much stuff can come out of someone who is so small. We raced to the bathroom so he could finish. Poor little guy...he doesn't understand why he is exploding from his mouth and nose. Once the excitement was over, Christopher and I went straight to the bathroom for a bath. Will had the joy of cleaning up all the toys and the carpet which were hit by the vomit bomb. Christopher played in the tub like nothing happened and was a happy camper the rest of the day. I wish I could bounce back that quickly after a nasty round of nausea/vomiting. We decided to risk it in the afternoon and make a quick trip to Lowes since Christopher also figured out how to open the door to the garage. Since we do not want him nor his brother to escape from the house, we figured it is time to chain the doors. (That sounds really bad doesn't it?) As we were out I was commenting on how I again did not lose it when I was covered in vomit. 2 for 2 and Mommy didn't completely melt down. Awesome!!
As I have mentioned in many of my blogs, Parenting has taught me many many lessons but the one lesson that seems to get reinforced on a very regular basis is that God has a great sense of humor. Well, here comes lesson number 456,445,454,000. Nathan decided he was not real excited about dinner tonight. He ate some of his food but it was not a great performance. I cleaned him up and he was fussing a little bit. He decided to grab a toy from under the table and bumped his head. Well, that really ticked him off. I picked him up and took him over to the couch to cuddle him. I put him on my shoulder and he proceeded to vomit straight down my back and all over the couch. First thing, thank God we have leather couches since clean up isn't as bad as it would be if the couches were fabric and the other positive aspect of this is that I already had a pile of vomit covered clothes anyway so this just added to it. I am just picturing God laughing so hard he is crying and wondering why I keep bragging about handling this part of parenting. The good news is I didn't lose it this time either but I can tell you..I am one tired mommy tonight. The boys are all clean, warm, and sleeping soundly after a very long smelly day. They seem to feel ok and we are hoping tomorrow will be day free of any nastiness. :-)
On a less nasty note, the boys have some new tricks:
Christopher: He has learned where the new time out zone is. We have set up a pack and play in the formal dining room and it is now jail. He has been a frequent flyer the last few days mainly because he just will not leave the cat food alone. :-) Discipline is hard but we know it is important. Will and I get better at this every day...we just have to keep on not laughing or caving in. Christopher has also figured out how to shake his head "no" when he does not want something. We think this may have a lot to do with the fact that he hears "no" on such a regular basis. He is throwing his lip in a more obvious pout when he does not get his way. This pout seems to get a little more pronounced every day. Where do kids learn this anyway? Do they sneak out each night and attend some little workshop on ways to tug at your mother's heart? I just do not get it. Of course, it doesn't help that recently Nathan has taken to bullying Christopher and takes whatever Christopher is playing with and rather than fight back, Christopher simply starts crying. Other new tricks: as I mentioned in the previous blog, he is now able to open the door to the garage. He is also communicating more and more by pointing and grunting so you know he wants a banana or whatever he is after at that particular moment. He is now waving at cars which are driving away...not people at this point. He will also run full speed towards you with open arms when he wants you to pick him up. Talk about a quick way to melt your heart!!!!
Nathan: he is mastering the cuddling and giving hugs. He will throw his arms around your neck and just give a big squeeze. I just literally melt each time he does this. He is also able to climb up on the couch now by just swinging his leg over and pulling up. Nathan has no problem in showing you when he would like to go outside. He will bring you his tennis shoes and socks, put them in your hand and he will sit down on the floor so you can finish the job. He will then race over to the door and grunt until you are ready to go outside. He will not give up. :-) He loves the outdoors and absolutely loves to play with flowers, grass, and mulch. He loves to put things away so he has been a wonderful help when we are putting laundry away since I can show him where to put something and he will do it with a huge grin on his face. I hope I can report the same when he is 12 and I ask him to help with the laundry. I know, wishful thinking!!
Ok, so that is it for updates for now. More pictures to come soon.
Have a great day!!
Love
Robin, Will, Christopher, and Nathan
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
whaat? no update on howthe boys felt about the game?
ahh it's okay a good up-chuck update will do :).... Do you have any idea what brought about this episode of unsettleness in their stomach?
We had to tape the game and watch it after the boys went to bed, so they didn't hear about the results until the next morning. Christopher had a stomach bug that looks like it passed fairly quickly. Nathan was just upset that he bumped his head and he cried so hard it made him puke.
Even now, I still need to clean the mess that Patricia made when she had car sick.... No fun!
Post a Comment