After 43 days of bedrest, tomorrow we will meet a huge goal. 32 weeks!! We had our visit with ROC (the OB specialist) and our normal OB today. Now that we have basically achieved gold medal status....they raised the bar again. :-) We are now classified as Bronze medal winners, Silver will be 34 weeks and Gold will be 36 weeks. I told the doctor I was just fine with this moving target since I know that every day these little ones stay in the oven, it is fewer days away from us while being treated in the NICU. With that said, I told him I would not be real excited if he changes our goal to 42 weeks after we reach the 36 week mark!! He laughed and promised this would not happen....thank god since mommy would explode!!
The babies were measured today via ultrasound and found to weigh 3lbs 13oz and 3lbs 8oz. I guess these are just estimates and as the babies get larger, the accuracy of these weights start to drop. The doctor seemed very happy with the size of the babies. As we grow closer to delivery, I am starting to notice the size of the heads of these children. They look really big to me already! We did get a video made today and Will is going to try and post this as soon as possible. For anyone who is like Grandma Jeannie....you will not be able to determine the sex so don't waste too much time peaking in that particular area. :-) Baby B has decided to hide under Baby A so it was a little more difficult for the ultrasound technician to measure him/her. Maybe Baby B is going to be shy like me. ;-)
My cervix on the other hand did not get a great score. Bedrest has dramatically improved the cervix length while at rest but since I am now carrying more than 7 pounds of baby around, anytime I stand up the cervix shrinks down dramatically. That report has just bought me many more weeks laying on the couch which is just fine with us since we know that our determination has been very effective so far!! As I watch all these baby stories on Discovery Health and TLC, I have become even more determined to carry these children to at least 36 or even 37 weeks. I just continue to say a lot of prayers and be the best bedrest camper I can be for the sake of the dynamic duo.
So our next OB visit will be next Friday. This visit will mainly be for close monitoring to ensure there is no sign of preeclampsia. For everyone in the land of the living....have a GREAT Friday and a wonderful weekend. More to come soon!
Love to all
Robin, Will, Baby A, and Baby B
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment