Well, now you can see how fat I am getting. :-) The good news is that I just read in a baby magazine that they did a study at Yale on about 3000 prego women and found a decent amount of chocolate (at least 5 weekly milk or dark chocolate servings) were 40 percent less likely to develop preeclampsia. Yippeee! Better news....they didn't specifically state what a "serving size" was in this study. I guess I will just have to decide on the proper serving size. (insert evil laugh here) Luckily, Will has just been wonderful in feeding my addiction to chocolate on his grocery store runs.
Will worked so hard this weekend "nesting" since I am unable to get up and walk around. He has washed all the baby clothes and bedding. He also set up everything in our bedroom and the nursery. The only thing that is missing are the babies now!! We are so excited but definitely willing to wait another 5-7 weeks for their arrival. I have finished reading another "owner's manual" for the babies....I just keep trying to learn all the proper ways to keep these little ones safe when they come home. How did we survive when our parents didn't get all these wonderful books anyway?
We also had a treat this weekend! My my best friend from college came to visit! Rachel has recently been living in Houston but before that she was living in LA. It has been 9 YEARS since we have seen each other!! It was just great to catch up and walk down memory lane! She also met Will and experienced the wonderful cooking of my awesome husband.!! We can't wait for her to come back in September since there is a chance she will get to meet the babies!
Now, due to popular demand, I must clear up a question I have received from our faithful blog readers: The scale picture----yes I did have socks on. This was not to avoid the "barefoot and pregnant" label but more to cover up my terrible toe nails. I can't reach my feet!!!! Believe me, the minute the doctor lifts my restrictions, the first stop is to get a pedicure! Probably too much information huh? The things you will write on a blog when strapped to a bed/couch haha
Well, happy Monday to everyone in the world of the living. :-) We will continue to post pictures as we take them. Next pictures planned: the nursery!!
Love
Robin, Will, Baby A, & Baby B
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was going to vote on what the babies are going to be, but I didn't see my choice of surprise baby C. 2 boys and a girl. :-)
Now that is a terrifying thought!! I think two will keep us very busy! :-)
Hi Robin, this is Susan, your Mom's co worker at the VA. Thank you for including me in your list of recepients to share the wonderful things going on with your most awaited pregnancy. I'd like to vote on what the babies are going to be, using the magical formula we use in my country (I'm from the Philippines). It is believed that if you add the numeric month of your birthday and month prior to getting pregnant and the resulting number is even, it's a girl, odd number for a boy. And of course it is always not right, it didn't work for both of my pregnancies. I guess whatever the twins will be, as long as they are healthy, and that is what we are praying for. Good luck, keep us posted.
Post a Comment