
So here were are......week 34!!!!! When everything started falling apart at week 26 and strict bedrest was ordered we were told hospitalization would probably be necessary to attempt to maintain the pregnancy which meant being treated with the nasty magnesium. Dr Barnes told me before I was discharged that morning that the outcome of the pregnancy was all up to me. Either I could do what they told me to do and stay in bed and give these babies a fighting chance or ignore the order and go into labor very early leading to many complications for the babies. As you know, there is nothing in this world that is more important than giving a child (or children in this case) a good start so I knew right then we could beat the odds and avoid hospitalization and magnesium therapy. Well, here we are!! It was confirmed on Wednesday by our OB doctor that once we reached Friday there would be no magnesium therapy to stop labor!! I asked him how the babies' lung maturity would be at this stage and he said they might need a little help right now but in general we are pretty close to being "out of the woods". The kiddos are obviously getting very strong since I sit here and watch knees and elbows pop out of my stomach all day long. I have told them we now have a new goal...week 36 to week 37. 4am continues to be the babies favorite time for a soccer game. It will be very interesting if this continues after birth. I guess daddy can cover that shift huh? haha
As you know, we are all Buffalo Bills fans...and since they are coming to town to play the Jags on September 14th, it would be pretty cool for the babies to come into the world fairly close to this date. Grandma Jeannie and Grandpa Larry (aka Grammy and Pappy) will be here on 9/12, Aunt Amber and Uncle Brian will also be here so you never know!!! If this happens, then we know, not only are these children going to be avid sports fans but they will be Buffalo Bills' #1 fan!!!
Another future friend of the Li Dynamic Duo entered the world this last Monday. Rachel Claire Lowe. Michelle and Ron are now proud parents of 4 children!! We were able to stop and see her in the hospital after our OB appt and a 7lb 7.7oz baby looks REALLY big when one knows labor is right around the corner! Back in the day when I was not anywhere near considering children, a newborn looked so tiny! It is amazing how perspectives change along with circumstances. haha
Well, that is the weekly update. Obviously we will be posting pictures of the babies as soon as they are here. Thank you all who are following our blogs. We love you all!
Robin, Will, Baby A, and Baby B.
No comments:
Post a Comment