I can honestly say 5 weeks ago when they told me I was in danger of preterm labor and must be on bedrest there were many doubts going through my mind:
1. Based on many different articles I have read, bedrest is not that effective for delaying preterm labor....will it really work for my babies?
2. How can I go from running nonstop to doing absolutely NOTHING while laying in bed 24/7? Can I really do this without going absolutely insane?
Well, as I reflect on the last 5 weeks, I am amazed that yes, I have survived laying around 24/7 on my right side or my left side and I am not in a straight jacket...yet. More importantly, each doctor's visit has shown the bedrest has worked beautifully based on cervix length and the fact these little ones are still in the oven. I do think there is a slight crack in my sanity from the amount of TV I have watched. I actually watched MARTHA STEWART one day and was calling some friends passing on some great ideas I learned on the show. I am thinking a strong antipsychotic medication is in my future. :-) (I have never really had that domestic drive in me but they say everyone changes when they have kids...yikes)
I might be just as excited about the Olympics starting tonight as the actual athletes! In past years, I knew they were going on but never had time to really sit and watch them. I guess I have the time now! So, for everyone on the land of the living, if you miss something and would like a recap...give me a call!! I love phone calls!!! :-)
Now, I must apologize for my crazy husband....I am just a little horrified he put a picture of the Christmas pooh on the blog. For anyone who is not a Southpark fan, this is a very talented dancing and singing piece of pooh that apparently my husband thinks is just great. Thank goodness Babies R Us has not launched this line of decor for nurseries since there might be quite a few dads, like Will, who would be pretty impressed with this. Luckily, as you can see, Winnie the Pooh won and we have a very nice little nursery for our babies. Now, I can not promise what these rooms will look like when the kids are close to 5-6 years old if they have Will's sense of humor...everyone, please say a prayer for me. :-)
The babies did get a gold star yesterday. I was feeling a little down. No doctor's appointment this week, haven't been into work in 4-5 weeks, feeling like a weeble wobble since I am now measuring at least 38 weeks, blah blah blah. (I know....I am complaining a little bit...just one day of weakness) The babies sent this wonderful flower arrangement to brighten my day! The poor lady who delivered it had no idea what she was getting into when she rang the doorbell since I talked her ear off!! Here is a picture of the flowers:
We have been monitoring a site on a weekly basis that tells us the size of the babies in terms of vegetables. I must be getting close since I think they ran out of vegetables!! Last week they were the size of a head of cabbage...this week they said the weight is similar to 4 navel oranges and a growth spurt is right around the corner. As I have mentioned before..can I really get any bigger? We will post some new pictures at 32 weeks and the question will be answered.
Have a great day and thanks for reading the blog!!
Love
Robin, Will, Baby A, and Baby B
4 comments:
Hi Robin. Hang in there. I have such respect for you. You are in week 5 of something I couldn't do for more than a day. I was put on bedrest for Jamie at week 28. They had me in the hospital within 2 days because it didn't work. Looking back it's not a surprise because I just couldn't stay down. My mom kept yelling at me, asking me why she was there if I was going to keep getting up to show her where everything was. :D I know it's boring now, but try to enjoy the down time. We all know you won't have much of that once the babies are here. :D
Love, Amy (Dave, Jamie and Ben)
Hi Robin, You are doing a wonderful job of staying down! I know how hard it is for you. But the babies are showing you just how much they like it by growing and growing. You are almost to 32-the magic number! Hang in there! Before you both know it, you will have more than enough to keep you busy! You ALL are in our thoughts and prayers! Talk to you soon. Love, Dale & Becky
Thanks to both of you for your words of encouragement. It means so much to me! I have set the goal of making it til 36 weeks...we will see if the babies have the same goal and my body will behave.
Thanks for following our blog! MD appt tomorrow. Update will be posted by that evening!!
Love
Robin
Congratulations! God is looking out for those babes and couldn't have blessed them with kinder more dedicated parents.
Love ya.
Richelle
Post a Comment