Sunday, September 28, 2008

Follow up by Ralph...


So about three weeks ago, in the middle of the night, there was a flurry of activity. Mom said something about her water breaking, and the next thing I know, she is gone for 4 nights and Dad only comes home sporadically. When they finally came home, I'm pretty excited...that is until I see that they have two bundles with them! My eyes about popped out when I saw this. I think these two bundles were what they referred to as the "twins."
So let me tell you then about the last two weeks. It has definitely been an adjustment for me. First of all, every night I get interrupted by crying. Then the lights go on, there is more crying, and my parents have the twins bundled up against them. I smell something like milk, but Mom has yet to offer me any. This needs to change. Then I smell something like poo. Very interesting. Needless to say, some nights I need to just get away so I can get some decent sleep.
On the bright side, the twins seem to keep to themselves. Even when the folks put them on the bed, they just lay there...albeit sometimes screaming, but they seem to leave me alone. I've come to even enjoy their company. They are different than the other short people who seem to like to grab my tail so I think we will all be able to get along. I look forward to getting uninterrupted sleep through the night again though...hope the twins learn to do that soon.
Ralph

No comments: