Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bedrest orders are over tomorrow!!!!!!!!!


So the weekly update is more of a sigh of relief and a very loud cheer!!!! We had our weekly OB appointment yesterday and was told once the babies reach 35 weeks, there will be no NICU time in their future unless there are some rare complications!!!! We are so excited since this is a pretty good indication that the babies will be coming home with us once they decide it is time join our world. I am sure the insurance company is also doing a small little dance as well. :-) Will and I are just thanking God that he has protected these babies and given us the strength to live through over 60 days of bedrest. I stopped counting the actual number of days but my official day of bedrest was July 2nd. Per my OB, my bedrest chains are officially broken tomorrow! Look out world...Robin can rejoin the land of the living!!

The funny part about this is they know my activity level will not be increasing dramatically since I have no muscle mass nor any stamina to walk any further than the bedroom to the kitchen without feeling like I am going to fall over. I am planning on increasing my walking on a daily basis starting tomorrow (once Will is home of course) so I can be in a little better shape once the babies are home. Maybe I should make good use of my last night chained to the bed and order a thigh master and some other exercise equipment to be delivered early next week. haha

We have our specialist appointment one week from today so I assume they will have me stop the terbuataline which is a medication that in theory is helping decrease the chance of labor by relaxing my very irritated, stretched, overworked, under appreciated uterus. This will be a nice treat since my alarm goes off at midnight and 6am for this medication. (not that I am really sleeping that much anyway)

I think we are "ready" for this new adventure. At least we are packed for the hospital, onsies are washed and ready to go, and as you have seen from the pictures, Will has been busy putting everything together. Our last chore for this weekend and placing the 2nd carseat and then it is a matter of waiting for that special day....probably right after the Bills game if they are listening to us at all. :-)

Thank you all for your words of encouragement through this very interesting time. Next post will probably be an update on how much the babies are weighing OR a birth announcement. The mystery of the sex of the babies will soon be over!!!!
Love
Robin, Will, Baby A and Baby B

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Praise God for enormous blessings to come! I can't wait to meet these babies, and see mommy robin & daddy will at work! ;-) Blessings, M, M, T & B

Anonymous said...

We are just sitting on the couch watching Brian's game and thought I would tell you we are thinking of you! I hope you are doing well and you look fantastic for carrying two babies in there! Cannot wait to check the blog soon!
Love
Heidi, Jason and Madeleine Z

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you have made it this far. That would be great if they decided to show up next weekend when everyone is there. We can't wait to see them. Please take care, we are praying for all of you.
Love,
Kathy, Tom, Danielle, Andrew and TJ