Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our boys are already growing up!


Today we already have reached one of those milestones with the boys......they have both now lost their umbilical cord stumps! I was under the impression that this is something you are supposed to save which grossed Grandma Jeannie out. Once we realized Nathan's cord was gone, I started the great hunt through the bedroom trying to find it. I was really bummed since I looked everywhere and could not find it. FINALLY last night I saw a little black thing on the carpet and it was the cord! Today, Christopher's cord fell out and the search started again. I found this one fairly quickly so I am happy. Does anyone else out there save the cords or have I finally become a very sick mommy? :-)

The boys decided that last night was time to play vs sleep so we are a little tired today. I think we might have gotten an hour of sleep the entire night. Poor Grandma Jeannie!!! She has been an awesome help and has become the "master burper" for the boys. We go to the pediatrician tomorrow to find out how much they weigh. Based on the amount time nursing and the formula supplements we feed these boys, we are looking forward to good news regarding the weights.

I was just convinced these little dynamic duos are further advanced than most children since they are already smiling. I have been informed by Grandma and now by experience, this is either gas or something a little more messy. I am sure there will be more cleaner smiles in the near future.

We will update on the news from the pediatrician in the next day or two and of course, find some more awesome pictures to post!!

Love
Robin, Will, Nathan, and Chistopher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...really? the umbilical cord?.. interesting indeed.

BZee said...

I saved both my kids' umbilical cord.

Auntie Susan

Anonymous said...

Auntie Susan?!
you did?! what did you do with them? kept them in a box?